Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Jealous ex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A few weeks ago I found out my lad mate, that I hadn't seen for a while, had msn so we started chatting. We had been flirting and stuff when my ex found out. He is extra jealous as this mate I've been talking to is his best mate. I know he has the right to feel jealous, but when he asked if I liked his mate I said no, so that it didn't hurt him. But a couple of days later I admitted I did, and he called me a liar and stuff. He has since told people in his school that I had sex with his mate, which is totally untrue and other rumours like that, etc. But this mate really likes me and we want to meet up, but we know that my ex is going to get in the way and keep interfeering. Last night, on msn, my ex started twisting things I've said to try and get his mate to hate me.. and to make his mate choose between me and him. I told his mate that I would rather him be friends with the ex than with me, but he doesn't want to lose either of us. I don't want to cause trouble.. I really like this guy but I don't want to hurt anyone. I just want things to go back to normal. I don't think I've explained this properly but I'd appreciate some ideas on how to solve this.

Comments

• Options
    Umm.. can't anyone help?
  • Options
    Be patient, we do have lives away from the keyboard as well.
    I think that what you're trying to say is that your ex's best mate and you are starting to get together but your ex is jealous and is trying to throw a spanner in the works out of spite.
    If that's right and you really want to be with this guy then you have to tell him that you really want to be with him. Your ex will eventually calm down and get used to it. If he doesnt then i can see why u might have left him. On the other hand, how long are you prepared to wait?
    If thats wrong, say so and ill think again.
  • Options
    He does like me but he knows that my ex is hurt so isn't taking it any further until my ex is ok with it. I never see my ex anyway and we only ever talk on msn..
  • Options
    Birkenhead, Wirral.. and i hate it :yes: