Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Stupidest Ever Eyeliner Thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so here's the deal. I've just started wearing make up. I've been using pencil eyeliner on my lower lids and that's all well and good, but I feel it's time to progress....liquid eyeliner and my upper lids as well.

But...firstly I'm totally cack handed so it goes everywhere except near my lashes where I'm aiming for. Any tips for getting it in the right place and need would be appreciated.

And the second one, I've got odd eyesight. I'm totally long sighted in one eye and totally short sighted in the other. When both eyes are open it's fine and cancels each other out thus I don't need glasses or contacts etc but when one eye is closed it's fine for doing the eye make up...but the minute I swap over the closed the eye I go all blind and blurry.

Any ideas how to combat this or at least put the make up on properly whilst in this state? LOL.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    I use a Loreal Liquid Eyeliner and I swear by it, I have used this product for about five years now and it is excellent. It has like a shaped foam brush tip rather than a skinny awkward tip. I only wear it on my top lids, and to apply I always keep my eyes open. I look up slightly with the mirror in one hand and liner in the other. Beginning from the inside corner of the eye at the start of the lashes I line the eye. I find it easier to do this in sections and have to pay particular attention to the outer corner of the eye. You just need to practice, practice, practice!

I definately recommend that eyeliner though, I have had loads of comments about my eyeliner (weird I know) but that really is my secret!

L'Oreal Perfection Superliner
  • Options
    Pink_Angel wrote:

Oooh that looks good, might follow up that recommendation - liquid eyeliner can be a pain to apply
  • Options

totally cack handed

:lol:

I have exactly the same problem as you, I've got a dodgy eye and it's such a pain squinting and sweating and the end result is some cleopatra drag queen impression. Think I'll check out the L'Oreal one as well!
  • Options
    for the old eyesight business, i know it sounds silly but keep both eyes open!
    I've perfected my liquid eyeliner technique and if you put a finger to the corner of your eye and pull it out then

a) your eyelid is straight so it's easrier to draw an even line, and
    b) you can still semi-see out of your eye, which makes focusing easier.

or maybe you just need to stand closer/further away from the mirror according to your long/short sighted eyes?

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    Pink_Angel wrote:

Actually, I've had a look and both 17 and Maxfactor do a similar product
  • Options
    dont u find that liquid eyeliner looks so un-natural tho!? i stick with a pencil or gel-pencil
  • Options
    dont u find that liquid eyeliner looks so un-natural tho!? i stick with a pencil or gel-pencil

Depends how it's worn.

At night, the unnatural look is kinda cool :flirt:

During the day though, you can still wear it. We're recommended to apply the eyeshadow as usual, then line the eye. Using the eyeshaodw brush and the tiniest bit of the eyeshadow you've already used, apply and brush down towards the lashes. The line is softer but still has the different effect.
  • Options
    And the second one, I've got odd eyesight. I'm totally long sighted in one eye and totally short sighted in the other. When both eyes are open it's fine and cancels each other out thus I don't need glasses or contacts etc but when one eye is closed it's fine for doing the eye make up...but the minute I swap over the closed the eye I go all blind and blurry.
    Do you wear glasses or contacts or both or neither?
  • Options
    Neither because it cancels the other out and i have perfect sight with them both open. The optometrist/doctor types said there was no point in trying to do anyting about it now.