Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

chest pain

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
has any had a pain in their cheast area that has happened at both sides, its sharp but spreads over a wide area and includes your arm. You can't move your arm, not because its paralysed but if you move it, it increases the pain. It has happened when I have got up suddenly but also when I have just been sitting or standing. Its not a dull pain like an ache but more liek a sudden and really intense pins and needles but more then that. Its happned a couple of times but twice in 2 days recently. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    i havent personally got any ideas.

Either look on the nhs direct website or go see a doctor. sounds weird.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    has any had a pain in their cheast area that has happened at both sides, its sharp but spreads over a wide area and includes your arm. You can't move your arm, not because its paralysed but if you move it, it increases the pain. It has happened when I have got up suddenly but also when I have just been sitting or standing. Its not a dull pain like an ache but more liek a sudden and really intense pins and needles but more then that. Its happned a couple of times but twice in 2 days recently. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas?

Could be a nerve but I'm not sure. Best thing to do is poped down to see your GP.
  • Options
    that means making an appointment weeks in advance and paying for whatever drugs or crap they give me. It just another bit of pain to add to the collection. I'm only concerned about this one coz of how sudden they are and painful. I have had surgery and can take a lot of pain but this is sudden and bad, feels almost like I'm gonna die.
  • Options
    All the more reason to see your GP then. Dose your surgery not have an "open surgery" in the morning?
  • Options
    nah dont think so. Plus I am working now, 9-5 so not much time. I'm sure it will pass.
  • Options
    well did you go on the nhs direct website at least? could give you some ideas
  • Options
    probably too vague a symptom. I might try it.
  • Options
    Why do people come on here, tell everyone their symptoms and say how worried they are, and then refuse to see a GP or ring NHS direct or do ANYTHING which is recommended?

It sounds pretty nasty to me, you said yourself it feels like you're 'gonna die' so why on earth do you just want to leave it and see if it passes?

No one here can tell you what it is. It could be a nerve, it could be muscular, it could be pins and needles, you could be having a heart attack, or probably a million other possibilities. Don't be a prat, go and get it checked out. Does your workplace not have a doctor?
  • Options
    Why do people come on here, tell everyone their symptoms and say how worried they are, and then refuse to see a GP or ring NHS direct or do ANYTHING which is recommended?

It sounds pretty nasty to me, you said yourself it feels like you're 'gonna die' so why on earth do you just want to leave it and see if it passes?

No one here can tell you what it is. It could be a nerve, it could be muscular, it could be pins and needles, you could be having a heart attack, or probably a million other possibilities. Don't be a prat, go and get it checked out. Does your workplace not have a doctor?

tis true, tis true.

also, even if someone here did know what it is, we can't cure you, so ring up your doctors and tell them you have quite severe chest pain and would like to be seen asap. they almost always squeeze in urgent people.

this forum is good for advice, personal experience and random questions, but it's a shit place to get a diagnosis.
  • Options
    funny that, I'm at a health place and I don't think there is a doctor here, tho they do have a dentist!

I also have a bad shoulder pain now but thats my posture and muscle no doubt.

It comes and goes and never sticks around thats why i don't get too fussed with it. I had a blood test for something non-releated not so long ago so surely summat would have come up in that?

I'm just so used to pain of all kinds, it doesn't phase me too much I guess.
  • Options
    I've had something and it sounds like what you've described a few times and a doctor said it was a muscle spasm. I'd definitly see a doctor or phone NHS Direct.
  • Options
    went to the NHS website and its no help. Has som or no symptoms of what I have and just says to ring the number.
  • Options
    Make up your mind, first it's so bad you feel like you're dying, and then you say it doesn't phase you?

If you don't want to do anything about it then why even bother posting?
  • Options
    to see if anyone knew what it could be?

It doesn't overall phase me no coz I am used to pain but at the time its really bad, enough to have me a bit concerned.

I just wanted to know if anyone had a clue what it was thats all.