Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Wife Swap

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not an entertainment question.. but if you've seen the TV series you'll know exactly what this is about.

What do you think of the concept of it though?

I think it seems to be a good idea for people that have become stuck in their relationship and doing things because it's the way it's always been.

There was this woman who was obsessed with cleaning and woke up at 5am each day to clean the house and inspected her 3 kids bedrooms every single day and even went through all their draws.

After she moved out for 10 days you could see the husband and children really open up.

The week before there was a women who owned a Holiday Company but she hadn't taken a holiday herself from the business in years and years

She only had 1 child but didn't have much time for him

Do you think time apart is a good thing? .. I think a change from time to time is a good thing.

Comments

• Options
    It always seems pretty useful on those shows... Most of the time both families introduce changes which benefit everyone. Only seen one or two where the family decided they were fine going on as they were before anyway.
  • Options
    From what i have seen, mostly the benefits are really great. I think that time away can really help a person to reassess their lives.
  • Options
    I think its about like, how people have got set in their old ways and dont apreciate their partner, it does some of the folk good IMO.
  • Options
    It looks like a pretty painful process sometimes though, but then I suppose change often is. Not sure I'd be up for it.