Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Christmas Shopping

littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
We were in town today and it was heaving. People were just rushing about and I have come to the conclusion that it is going to be like this from now until Christmas :( This has scared me a bit into thinking more about Christmas. However, I have no idea what I am going to get people. Gah. I know today is only the 3rd but I still feel really rushed and pressured into Christmas shopping as it is going to be even worse soon.

So yes, have you started yet? Got many people to buy for? Have you finished? You a last minute shopper? Anyone else as disorganised as myself?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i am usually one of those rushing to the shops three days before christmas to do all my shopping, lol

but this year, i am very organised and have finished me shopping :D
  • Options
    I've just got back from the Trafford Centre. Enough said.
  • Options
    Yep. the traffic is really bad around my town too now, cos everyone's going late night shopping... I think i'll try to do as much as i can on ebay :thumb:
  • Options
    I have just two presents left to get! And one will be sorted by the end of tomorrow. Yay! :yippe:
  • Options
    I was in the city centre today. It was mad :|

I only have two presents left to buy though, so its not too bad. Except they are for my two Grandads, so they will be the hardest to buy.
  • Options
    I live in a border town in the north, because the prices are extortianate down south, there's an influx of southerners up here at this time of the year, people travelling from all over Ireland just to shop here.
  • Options
    ive done most of my shopping now, but i still need to buy for my dad and 3 mates back home!! im stuck.. my dad is SO hard to buy for!! .. ill probably end up getting him alcohol :P
  • Options
    i've done nothing yet.. was going to do some today but town was heaving. so monday it is! and im planning on getting absolutely everything in one go.
  • Options
    I'm not going home to Belfast til the 20th so I've got to decide whether to brave Princes St (which is shocking even now) before I go home and lug the presents over on the plane or else wait til I'm in Belfast and do a last minute dash. I'm thinking about buying stuff online but that might only be useful for my dad :-/
  • Options
    Well I have finished all of my xmas shopping yesterday and all my presents are ever wrapped!
  • Options
    For the first time ever I'd done all my Christmas shopping before the beginning of December. I couldn't quite believe it!

Was chuffed, too, because I managed to find ideal gifts for everyone...no one's getting the old standby box of smellies or multipack of socks this year :lol:
  • Options
    I did all my Christmas shopping already too. Woopah.
  • Options
    soraliah wrote:
    ive done most of my shopping now, but i still need to buy for my dad and 3 mates back home!! im stuck.. my dad is SO hard to buy for!! .. ill probably end up getting him alcohol :P

Gift vouchers of some sort?

This is why my mum does most of her shopping online I think...
  • Options
    Ive done some of mine, but i cant get into buying the rest, every time i go i end up buying things for myself instead! i love christmas shopping though! :yippe:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    For the first time ever I'd done all my Christmas shopping before the beginning of December. I couldn't quite believe it!

Same here I had all my shoping done by Wednsday this week (30th November) I only had my boyfriend left to do, I did everyone else on line.

The only thing I have left to do is wrap up my presents which I'm storing at my boyfriends, (I won't be able to do that until the 16th, when we both next have the weekend off) my room at my uni flat is not big enough, well his presents are here.
  • Options
    I havnt even thought about it yet.
  • Options
    I've done a load of shopping for my friends, but I haven't even begun to consider what to get my family.
  • Options
    I've done a load of shopping for my friends, but I haven't even begun to consider what to get my family.

Other way round over here. :(
  • Options
    I've got a few bits, but hopefully will be able to get the rest of it next thursday as my mate is coming down for a girlie christmas shopping day.
  • Options
    I've done loads online. The postman must hate me - I've had at least two parcels arrive everyday for the last 9-10 days! It doesn't feel like I've bought that much (til I look at my bank statement!) because I haven't been out and physically carried bags around the local shopping centre.

I still have no idea what to get my bf (he's being very awkward and doesn't have a clue what he wants!) and still have a fair few bits to get, but I'm going shopping in town tomorrow and Friday so hopefully that'll sort everything. Normally I'm so organised and have nearly everything done by now!

I can't understand those people who have already wrapped everything tho! We haven't got our decorations up yet and I only wrap everything a couple of days before Christmas Day when I can actually put everything under the tree.