Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

a little bit emotional

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
There's no reason for this post really. Just had a little cry remember a friend who died in August 2004. Don't feel like I can go and cry on my flatmates' shoulders about it because it was so long ago and I don't know what I'd say to them, but I needed somewhere to let it out.

I just went to church (even though I'm not religious - I just went with a friend) and so many of the songs reminded me of a song sang at his funeral so I got home and decided to listen to it, and it just made me very weepy.

Blah, nevermind.

Comments

• Options
    its good to let it all out and have a cry now and then! even though they passed away a while ago, it doesnt stop you missing them! remember all the good times!
  • Options
    Don't feel like I can go and cry on my flatmates' shoulders about it because it was so long ago and I don't know what I'd say to them, but I needed somewhere to let it out.

I still get emotional now and its been many years since the death of a loved one. I might hear a song and its sets me off.
    It isnt wrong to still miss and think about people who have died and have a few tears.
    We get on with our lives when someone dies, but we never forget them.

*Hugs*
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

I know that everyone still gets emotional, but it's harder once the 'hype' or whatever you want to call it has died down and everyone's just getting on with everything. At the time my flatmates were incredibly supportive and I know they still would be, but it's harder after so long to just walk into one of their rooms and go hey... you know what, I'm still really cut up about X...

I will definitely never forget him.
  • Options
    i bet other people who were close to him still think about him alot+grieve now and then, but feel like you as if they cant share their feelings so long after the death!!
  • Options
    Yeah I know they do, but I'm at uni at the moment so they're all miles and miles away. But I've emailed a few of them a couple of times and we've talked about him a bit and it's helped a lot :)
  • Options
    I also find that when its christmas time, birthdays and things like that I can be worse. I know I think about him many times but this time of year makes it even worse.
  • Options
    beckyboo's right. my grandad died 2 years ago this december, and ive been thinking about him alot recently!
  • Options
    Yeah I know, that's probably a big part of it. Christmas time is mean to be (and mostly is) such a happy time but it can also carry so many painful memories. The only time I've ever called the Samaritans was at Christmas time.

I guess I've also been thinking a wee bit because one of my friends got married recently, and I was thinking if I ever married my boyfriend then this guy would probably have been a prime candidate for best man. If we ever get married (not that it's too likely but you never know!) then there'll be a huge hole where he should have been.

Sorry for your losses too BeckyBoo and sugar mouse.

*hugs* to you both.