Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

possible?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so on friday i had a one night stand, when we started having sex we were unprotected, but only for like 10 seconds because i knew it was wrong.

i had a period like a 5 days ago so obviously its a while to wait to do a pregnancy test.

i dont know what the chances are im pregnant. I'm a little bit worried. Not sure what to do!?

Comments

• Options
    To be honest theres a small chance that you could be pregnant. Me and my fella used to to that all the time - I knew it was stupid! But then I went on pill.
  • Options
    Best thing to do would be to sort some emergency contraception out for yourself pronto (ECP or IUD which can be fitted for up to 5 days afterwards). Then it would be a good idea to get yourself down to a GUM clinic for a full STI screening as pregnancy is one of the far nicer things that can result from unprotected sex.
  • Options
    was 5 days ago the first day of your period or was it the last day?
    If it was the last day of your period, then you could be coming up for your fertile time so there is a chance you would concieve.
    if you got the M.A.P today it would be a really good idea, but by tommorow it would probably be too late. The Coil is another idea but in reality most places will require an appt to fit it. When i got mine fitted, I had to book a month in advance because so many people want them.
  • Options
    ok im gonna drive down the the hospital, just checked online and there is a clinic there. i hope its open.

i know you can buy it but its like £20ish.
  • Options
    i just drove 15 miles to nottingham to a chemist that was open til 7. got the morning after pill.

cost me £25. serves me right, but imagine if i had no money? hmm its debatable
  • Options
    hope youve taken it already cos youre already pushing it, leaving it till now. Strictly speaking you have 72 hours after unprotected sex to take it, but its most effective within 24 hours, becoming less and less effective the longer you leave it. Fingers crossed for you :)
  • Options
    they have to charge for it to stop people just taking it every time they had sex instead of using regular contraception.
  • Options
    yeah, i took it over an hour ago, its been bout 36 hrs. the chances are i wasnt in the first place but you never really know.
  • Options
    i'm still waiting for my period. im getting quite anxious. should i be worried do u think?
  • Options
    When are you due on? The MAP can effect your periods too. If you are late do a test but i really doubt you are pregnant, sure it possible but very slim.
  • Options
    test just to make sure if you want to