Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Someone is IN the lake...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just looked out of my window and there is a blokey standing up to his knees in the lake ... and then he dived into it and after a minute got out and put his clothes back on! That lake is really dirty! At the start of term we were told that if we end up in the lake for whatever reason to go to the doctor's asap for injections etc! Crazy fool!

Comments

• Options
    was it a tramp having a bath?
  • Options
    No I think it was a student! He was student-age and put on a GAP hoodie and Adidas trackie bums when he got out. It's 2:30pm! He can't be pissed, surely?
  • Options
    It was 2m deep when it was built 40 years ago. It has 40 years worth of goose and duck shite in the bottom of it. We are so screwed if we get bird flu! (They've turned the fountain off already but are saying it has 'technical problems'.)
  • Options
    I don't mind the ducks, they are just fun to watch :D
    The geese get in the way, they get really vicious actually, especially in the spring when they have eggs.
    It's ok generally but some days it REALLY smells bad, cos of all the bird shit. You know when the geese have been sat outside your halls all night, it stinks and there is shit everywhere. :yuck:
    Whereabouts do you live?
  • Options
    You can relax knowing that it's not you in the lake.
  • Options
    Yes that is quite true. Far too cold to be in a lake anyway, let alone a minging lake like this one.
  • Options
    I like the way they sound like they are laughing! I don't mind the noises they make apart from this one bird that sits outside my window in the morning and squeaks. I have NO IDEA what bird it is but it's bloody annoying!
    It is a pretty campus, you're right. If this link works, that's what is looks like from above. The red circle is where my halls are, but they hadn't quite finished this block when the photo was taken!York Campus aerial photo
  • Options

That lake really looks filthy.
  • Options
    It is really filthy!
  • Options
    Last year the third years took a video of a fat lad in y fronts cycling down the hill straight into the lake. It was strangely amusing.