Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

King Kong - basic plot?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Can anyone outline the basic plot of King Kong for me? I'm thinking of going to see it but the trailers are a bit confusing. It looks good though.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Errrrmm.......of the top of my head: Desperate director takes the cast of his film off to an island to create an authentic monster film. Leading lady is kidnapped by the natives and sacrificied to King Kong. King Kong is caught, taken to New York and put on display. Feeling slightly pissed off, Kong breaks free, reeks destruction on the city. Leading lady tries to calm him, gets carried to the top of the Empire State building and you know the rest.

Basically, girl meets giant ape, giant ape falls for girl, ape is captured, goes nuts & it all ends tragically.
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    Errrrmm.......of the top of my head: Desperate director takes the cast of his film off to an island to create an authentic monster film. Leading lady is kidnapped by the natives and sacrificied to King Kong. King Kong is caught, taken to New York and put on display. Feeling slightly pissed off, Kong breaks free, reeks destruction on the city. Leading lady tries to calm him, gets carried to the top of the Empire State building and you know the rest.

Basically, girl meets giant ape, giant ape falls for girl, ape is captured, goes nuts & it all ends tragically.

Yep thats the plot in 60 seconds.
  • Options
    So ... where do the dinosaurs come in? I definitely saw one of them in the trailer!
    Thanks though Infinite :thumb:
  • Options
    In the pass there has been a few King Kong films and some where about King Kong fighting dinosaurs. I like I remember once coming across King Kong v Godlizer (sp?), plus I think the island he come from does have other monsters living on it.
  • Options
    The original version of King Kong had a number of stop motion monster movie fight scenes between Kong and the other strange creatures on Skull Island - including a dinosaur. It's this version Jackson's basing this film on - so expect lots of other creatures on the island for Kong to fight - basically they want to eat the heroine and Kong wants to save her.
  • Options
    There are trailers? I haven't seen them...
  • Options
    I played the demo for the PS2 and there was a T-Rex in it.
  • Options
    Peter Jackson got thin! It doesn't look right :no: