Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Famous Friends

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone have a famous friend or used to know someone that is or once was famous?

I don't know any famous people, I have never known any famous people but have always wondered what it would be like to have one as a friend! I think Charlotte Church would be a cool mate, probably a good laugh!

Comments

• Options
    David Beckham's my best friend and the Queen's coming round for tea next week.

I'm famous in my own right too. You probably wouldn't have heard of me though, you're far too common.
  • Options
    :(
  • Options
    I met some bloke from the Mystery Jets the other week. Henry Harrisson? He was 18th in NME's cool list lats week :(
  • Options
    I've never had any famous friends. :(
  • Options
    Jo Guest is a mate of mine - purely platonic unfortunately :(
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    My mum used to be real good mates with Charlie Dimmock. And I quite often have a drink and a chat with Hampshire cricket legend Robin Smith in my local.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    My friend's mum knows Dido's mum, so she use to play with Dido when she was younger. Dido once invited her and her brother to clebarity party. Where her brother drunk to much and was talking to Kyile and he was nearly sick right in front of her, lucky he menaged to get to the gents in time.
  • Options
    My mum went to school with Mick Channon. I went to school with Anna Brecon.

Woo.
  • Options
    im a distant cousin of danny in mcfly... so my mum told me
  • Options
    as far as i know....no :(
  • Options
    I wouldn't call them proper friends.. but i am in contact with people from bands that would be considered famous and have met quite a few others.. It's quite weird actually.. never feel quite relaxed talking to them...

When my dad used to work in the city he went in the same pub where all the stars from the Carry on films used to drink .. Barbara Windsor, Sid James et all. Quite funny when he tells stories about them all. :)
  • Options
    I know various people who have sort of relation to people who play football/work with footballers in League One/Two
  • Options
    i went to school with orlando bloom!!
  • Options
    TheOne wrote:
    i went to school with orlando bloom!!
    I'm seriously jealous of you!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Miffy wrote:
    I went to school with Anna Brecon.

She used to live in my village i think.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    I went to school with Anna Brecon.

people used to tell me i looked like her, back in the day

*puts nostalgic hat on*

sadly i have no famous mates. my brother is on chatting terms with a huge chunk of famous bands/musicians/singers though. if only we got on!
  • Options
    __tink wrote:
    im a distant cousin of danny in mcfly... so my mum told me

Just to continue the danny from mcfly theme, my flatmate's mum know's his mum or something and enjoys it when a local lad comes on TV.

Slightly less tenuous, my uncle used to rake around with George Best for a while back in the day. I never believed my mum when she told me because my uncle is now a god fearing family man living in the country. But then she showed me some photos of him back in the early 70s and he had the flash clothes, sports car etc. Very surprising to say the least!
  • Options
    my cousin went to school with bevery knight n invited her to his weddin.
  • Options
    My friend has had Paul Hendy round his student house thing in Lincoln, but he;s rubbishly famous :p But apperentley one of his friends talks to Toadie all the time and he's coming round there house next year

Erm Shane Ritchie and his daz advert crew broke my friends wall by sitting on it while filming so paid for it to be repared (!?) If only i had of known the were a street away :p