Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A healthy glass of wine? Not anymore...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Drinking alcohol has more negatives than positives

So another flip flop on the issue of weather the odd glass of wine is good for our health.

Alcohol is confusing.

Also on a related note i had 2 pints of cider last night, according to the units thats binge drinking. :eek:

Alcohol is definatly confusing.

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Who cares though, really?

I don't take drugs and drink for the benifit of my physical health, and I'm pretty sure not many other people do either.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I couldn't give a shit if it is good for my health or not.

Tonight I will drink half a bottle of wine, tomorrow night I will go out and drink 10 pints.

This will not be good for my health but I will enjoy it. I will play footie on Sunday to make myself feel better about it...........
  • Options
    such thing in life as health, and ENJOYMENT

no point being alive if you aint living so to speak
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    I couldn't give a shit if it is good for my health or not.

Tonight I will drink half a bottle of wine, tomorrow night I will go out and drink 10 pints.

This will not be good for my health but I will enjoy it.

Quite. Fuck this fashion of 'establishing' every single pleasurable thing in life is bad for you.

I'm really fucking fed up with these 'studies'. Do we really give a fuck? Are we expected to give up anything that is not entirely good? What on earth for???

And how come the tastier the food and drink, the worse is supposed to be for us? :mad:

I'm much rather die 10 years before my average life expectancy if it means I can eat and drink what I like (to a degree anyway) instead considering not drinking a couple of glasses of wine a day.
  • Options
    I'm out tonight myself anyway ;)

We have a lot of tesco value whiskey we dont really want but should finish :(
  • Options
    It's all about balance, really.

Moderation is good if you don't want to die in your 50s. You don't need to drink or do drugs to have a good time, my mate is the nuttiest of the lot of us and she don't touch a drop because she doesn't like it. Basing a good night solely on drink is a bit worrying.

But avoiding things because they are "bad" is a bit boring.
  • Options
    Yes, exactly what you've said. Doing studies saying that one or two glasses of wine might in fact not be good but just a slightly bit bad are rather pointless. Most things we eat and drink are just a slightly bit bad. But so far as we do them in moderation the body will cope with them without any significant damage.
  • Options
    To be honest with all the studies showing what is bad for us I'm suprised anyone manages to make it past twenty.