Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Souness "seriously considering resignation"

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Story.

*fingers crossed*

Just so long as they don't choose the Plastic Geordie, I'm happy.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    Story.

*fingers crossed*

Just so long as they don't choose the Plastic Geordie, I'm happy.

Bring back Bobby!

I here now start the BBB vote!! :):p
  • Options
    I hope they do go for the plastic geordie. The sooner Newcastle return to the lower leagues, where they belong, the better...
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Jump before he's pushed...
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Jump before he's pushed...

That's more like it.

I'll never forget Shepherd saying (on signing Souness) - his success and track record speak for themselves, and I know he'll bring those credentials to Newcastle.

Souness won 1 FA cup with liverpool (they beat div 1. Sunderland in the final that year). He took Southampton to the brink of relegation (not to mention the 'George Weah's Cousin' fiasco), turned Blackburn into the dirtiest team I've seen in the top flight in a long time, and was sacked from jobs in Portugal and Turkey for fucking up two of the respective countries most successful clubs.

He has also had more feuds with players than any manager I can ever remember, and just seems to be a bully.

Well Mr Shepherd, he certainly brought his past credentials to Newcastle alright.
  • Options
    Souness did alright at Rangers :lol:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

:lol: :grump:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

You or I could probably walk in at Rangers/Celtic and do a half decent job - it's ping pong football north of the border, they have between 6 and 10 challenging games a year - the glasgow derbies, the champs league qualifiers (usually thats it - where they draw/lose to unheard of eastern european opposition), and in an exceptional season, they get 6 group stage games, where they draw/lose to unheard of eastern european opposition.

(can you hear the rumbling of angry Scottish Prem fans racing to their keyboards????).
  • Options
    No sorry that was me, baked beans whoo...
  • Options
    manickev wrote:
    they have between 6 and 10 challenging games a year - the glasgow derbies, the champs league qualifiers (usually thats it - where they draw/lose to unheard of eastern european opposition), and in an exceptional season, they get 6 group stage games, where they draw/lose to unheard of eastern european opposition.

Present company excepted of course (Sorry Mr McLeish, good result last night!)