Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lip plumping

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anybody ever tried this or something similar? I know like every brand has something like it that I've seen, but has anybody tried it? Results? Opinions?

Comments

• Options
    i have that. it feels like you've put chillies on your lips and they go bright red and swell a bit. but i think its more to do with glossy redness that makes them look bigger.
    i have the clear one, i haven't tried the coloured ones. its something i would wear at night rather in the day though.

the first time i put it on i blotted my lips on ym hand and it turned into a bright red lip mark.
  • Options
    benefit do one, i forget what it is called, which is apparently quite good. Also, try putting a little extra gloss on top of lipstick on the middle of your bottom lip, it can create a bit of an optical illusion
  • Options
    See, I hate big fake lips, they are ugly as sin. I think my bottem lip is fine, but my top lip is very thin, one of those where you smile and it pretty much disapears. I was just curious about this or similar products. I found a page with a bunch of people giving what they thought. About 50/50. Some liked it, some thought it was useless. I'm even more skeptical now :p
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I've got some Lip Venom, they sell it in Sephora amongst other places... It feels nice and tingly, and it makes your lips feel bigger, but I agree with lipsy about what it looks like on.
  • Options
    I LOVE Too Faced makeup :love: Gorrrgeous.

I've tried a minty plumping lipgloss from superdrug, and it didn't do a lot really, just made them feel a bit tingly. But then, it may have been my unaturally pouty bottom lip that stopped it from working :blush:

Ilora x
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I think my bottem lip is fine, but my top lip is very thin, one of those where you smile and it pretty much disapears.
    im the same :(
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    it feels like you've put chillies on your lips and they go bright red and swell a bit.

Almost. Just looked at the ingredients and it's cayenne pepper, one of the properties of which is to increase capillary bloodflow to any area its applied to. I've even known of people sprinkling it in their socks in cold weather!
  • Options
    do u girls really do that ? and if so will than not fuck up ur lips for life?
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    Almost. Just looked at the ingredients and it's cayenne pepper, one of the properties of which is to increase capillary bloodflow to any area its applied to. I've even known of people sprinkling it in their socks in cold weather!

So I could pretty much get the same effect that the lipgloss is going to give by rubbing some cayenne on my lips? :p
  • Options
    rss3000 wrote:
    do u girls really do that ? and if so will than not fuck up ur lips for life?
    It's only lipgloss - it wears off in an hour or so... it's not permanent!!!

Ilora x
  • Options
    We use to sell it at work. Lots of swollen lips...people found if you like, licked a lip bit out of place, the edges of your lips when bright red - thanks to my trout - like - pout I escaped it!
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    So I could pretty much get the same effect that the lipgloss is going to give by rubbing some cayenne on my lips? :p

I'm guessing the lipgloss is glossier. ;)
  • Options
    They are selling phat lips at ioffer.com for less than $8.00 It's what I use.