Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Kind of like a callus question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So for a while now, on my second smallest toe, where like the upper joint is on the side I've had a bump. I thought it was just a callus. So for about 2 months now I've been constatly putting callus remover stuff, stuff that is like supposed to acid it off pretty much, I got fed up and cut most of it off one day, but it just comes back. It hurts like a bitch when any pressure is put on it. I've got a podiatrist appt on monday for it cuz I'm just so sick of it. But does anybody have any idea what it is? Any similar experiances?

Comments

• Options
    It could be a verruca [wart]? Does it have little dark spots in it?

If it is a callus, then this is caused by pressure over a boney prominence, and unless you attend to that, then the callus will keep coming back.

As soon as your chiropodist pares it down s/he will know exactly what it is.

I thought I had a callus on my big toe, but after reading up on it, found it was a verucca. I apply Bazuka [salicylic acid] to it, daily and pare it down with a scalpel weekly [although not recommended... a nail file/emery board will do]. It is slowly getting smaller but now I have a wart on my finger... damn virus!!
  • Options
    I know its not a wart, it dissapeared for like a day once. I never knew they came back. So the doc will just like cut it off? I only wear sneakers but my toes are shaped and boned out funny right in that spot. Thanks.
  • Options
    Sounds like corns .
  • Options
    Could be that, sounds similar. I tried that kind of remover for the month before I tried the callus stuff :p It would definatly explain the sensitiveness. I guess I'll just wait for the dr to hack them off. My toes are fucked up :( Thanks. Though I still fail to see why I got them. These and these are the *only* shoes I wear!
  • Options
    Ok, another question. So if I wear the same shoes, and I can only assume that the shoes don't really cause any problems, and I am assuming they are jsut going to chop chop at my toes. What will/could they do to prevent it from contuining to happen? (I've got till Monday to ask a real dr this, so I thought I'd keep asking my questions on here for anybody with knowledge or experience)
  • Options
    Corn plasters will probably help. Apart from that, dunno.
  • Options
    They may do minor surgery on your toes.. shaving a wee bit of bone or something to reduce the friction it causes with your shoes.

They do it under local anaesthetic.
  • Options
    Panthro wrote:
    They may do minor surgery on your toes.. shaving a wee bit of bone or something to reduce the friction it causes with your shoes.

They do it under local anaesthetic.

I don't want to sound completly insane, but could I ask if something like that can be done? I'm afraid that they will do whatever, and it will return soon after. I cut a lot off myself one day a few weeks ago, and it was back to normal bumpy size witin 2 days of me doing it. My toe bones are very fucked up and rub against my shoes all the time. Can you walk and such just fine right after, do they stitch you up?