Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Unprotected

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all, right I had sex unprotected on Saturday night but I am on the pill (only just started taking it). I usually use condoms as well just to be safe. So this was my first time I let anyone cum inside me. Since then, I've been getting sort of like period pains every now and then. I'm not sure why, cos I'm not due for my week off the pill for a while. Should I go to the doctors or something, or is it due to the fact he came inside me?

Sorry this is my first post, I will try and stick around to offer others advice too. :)

Comments

• Options
    Well, the drill I'd go with is to be tested for STIs if you haven't both been already. There are the sticky's on the top of the forum page for info and advice about GUM clinics.

Semen can be known to 'soften' the cervix, which is why they'll encourage pregnant women to have sex to kickstart labour, but I really don't think it would have that effect on you.

It's probably just your uterus getting ready for the next period, a little earlier.
  • Options
    It could just be paranoia. SOmetime if you think something so much and worry about it you can get pains, or feeling etc

SOmetimes when you start your pill you can get bleeding in between so it could be that.

Cant really offer any advice, i dont think cum inside you would suddenly give you pains but im not exactly an expert!

If your still getting pains it could be linked to your pill, maybe its not the right one for you so maybe you should go to the nurse they always there to answer questions like that.

Sorry not a great help but sure someone else on here will have an answer!
  • Options
    Periods can be unsettled when first taking the pill, and there can sometimes be breakthrough bleeding or some cramping just after starting.

You should, however, go and get yourself tested for STIs if you haven't already. Unless you know for certain that you and your partner are both free of disease, you shouldn't even contemplate unprotected sex. Talk to the doctor or nurse when you go for your test/.
  • Options
    When you say "just started", is this your first cycle?
  • Options
    When you say "just started", is this your first cycle?
    Yeah, I'm just about to have my first 7 day break.
  • Options
    Ok, that was mean and harsh. What I meant to say is, breathe, don't panic, get tested, never do it again.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm just about to have my first 7 day break.
    From memory - and I've not kept my knowlege of female fertility current - you aren't covered. Check the leaflet which came with the tablets; but regardless you should probably see your GP if you are having unusual symptoms.

I also don't know how valid a pregnancy test would be, I seem to recall something about the pill interferring with the results. Again, the leaflet should tell you what you need to know.
  • Options
    Hmm the nurse and the leaflet said that if you start taking the pill anywhere in your cycle then you are covered after 7 days. God, I'm sooo worried now! :S
  • Options
    This is why people should read the leaflet.

Go to your doctors surgery and get a test done with the nurse.

And get an STI one done whilst you're there.