Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i know i know, i should let it go BUT...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
about a month ago i met up with a guy i know from uni after the summer. we hit it off well and started texting etc. arranged to go out - went out and had an amazing time. Now, i was enjoying it so much and please note i did not feel uncomfortable or regret it at the time, but i agreed to go back to his and yeah, we slept together. (kinda regret it now, but hey)

I was under the impression all was well etc, as felt pretty confident in what i was doing etc (sometimes get a bit nervous with guys and how i come across) and i kinda know that it was a bit unorthodox of sex on first date leading to more or whatever but the apparent lack of awkwardness and lovliness of guy in question seemed to cloud that factor.

However, since then got string of excuses of why not to meet back up. Gave up, ignored him at work a couple of weeks after. Texted him to meet up and try and set anything straight but although he initially agreed - got excuses again the morning we were supposed to meet. So texted him with a brief (and mebbe too nice!) reason of why wanted to meet then properly gave up after that deciding it wasnt worth it.

Since then i've seen him at work once a week - but he will not acknowledge me. I dont want a relationship now and i am not hung up on it, but my principles are saying that he could at least be civil and say "hi"?!! Its not like he hasnt seen me either but he is obviously ignoring coming anywhere near me - i.e. Wont even come and sit in a big group with mutual friends and will instead go and sit in corner with one or two others.

I know its been a while now and i should just carry on leaving him to his silly games. But a part of me just wants to say "oi...stop avoiding me!" i'm not going to pounce on him and i've not been inundating him with texts or stalker behaviour. Just would appreciate him to be civil and acknowledge that i actually exist - especially when we have mutual friends, see each other almost every week, get on pretty well (or at least i thought so!) and not to mention the fact we did the most intimate thing we could do together! However i dont want to be the one to come across as clingy, as i did say i wanted to see him again when we were textin a few days after the date (mistake?!). So i dont think i should make any more moves to reconcile.

Am i going about this the right way ? i seriously am not bothered about the lack of romantic interest from him but i would rather we would at least be able to be slightly friendly again and whatever the situation its not nice to know theres a reason that someones ignoring you. I dont know whether to talk to him like nothing happened or not talk to him until he actually makes proper conversation again. i kinda refuse to text him and sort anything out as i feel if i were to it should be done face to face, but its finding an appropriate time and whether it would be a mistake or not.

grr

Comments

• Options
    Gos this is exactly the kind of situation that I'd hate to be in so bad, and probably the reason why i have turned down one night stands before (even tho i really wanted to sleep with them at the time). When you know youre gonna see the guy again it fills me with worry as to what youre meant to do next? You've had sex, either something will come of it or it wont, if its not going to id hate the awkwardness of worrying like you are now...i dont think i actually have anything useful to say just that i totally sympathise and that you havent done anything wrong, dont regret the sex you had fun at the time, and dont think you did anything wrong, maybe he just was worried that you might want something more and so hes trying to make it clear he doesnt...even though you know you dont, he doesnt and doesnt want to lead you on. Its probably awkward for him too not knowing how to be with you, just try and play it cool, Goodluck!
  • Options
    When you know youre gonna see the guy again it fills me with worry as to what youre meant to do next?

Thats the thing...i questioned it very little about whether things would be ok after or not. Prob naive of me i know now but then it didnt seem to matter. i'm a bit rash thinking sometimes.

but, i've been in more awkward situations with guys when less has happened between us! thats why i would be ok to forget anything happened (within reason) and just be able to talk 'normally' even within a group of us. But his behaviour prevents that so i am less inclined to actually make an effort to go and talk to him now
  • Options
    It seems to me that he was just after one thing - and now he's got it, he doesn't want to know you. Which is pathetic. You're not to blame for any of this, but please, let it go.
  • Options
    i'd just not bother with him, don't txt him or anything. clearly he only wanted 1 thing, or maybe he thought you were after 1 thing having slept with him on the 1st date.
  • Options
    i'd just not bother with him, don't txt him or anything. clearly he only wanted 1 thing, or maybe he thought you were after 1 thing having slept with him on the 1st date.
    I asked about this subject on another thread a few weeks back. Many said sex on a first date was generally a bad idea, and maybe this is another case of that. :(
  • Options
    I have a lot to learn in the relationship/dating world and have made a lot of mistakes - my biggest problem is not thinking enough of myself and this, i think, leads me to being in situations where things could have worked out but didnt due to the way i react to guys liking me.

i try to be 'myself' but i dont think thats a good thing, so i try to go about things how i think i 'should' and then i just dont feel quite right. I just dont know what 'myself' is!

however i felt very relaxed and comfortable actually by being me with this guy and then promptly messed up. so i really dont know what i am! :banghead:

its cool though. i have deleted his no. and msgs from my phone and thats the end of him my friends! although if he ever does say anything (which i doubt) he's gonna get an earful fom me! he he
  • Options
    lizzie_amy wrote:
    its cool though. i have deleted his no. and msgs from my phone and thats the end of him my friends! although if he ever does say anything (which i doubt) he's gonna get an earful fom me! he he
    Well done, babes. :)
  • Options
    I was in this exact situation over the summer, I know how you feel. Thing is, the guy I was with, I knew he was only after one thing, but I just got sucked in by his amazingly gorgeous looks (shallow I know!), and I knew I was gonna get hurt.

I did the same as you by deleting his number and texts etc. I kept him on my msn though just incase he decided to talk to me. He didn't talk to me for over a month, with no explanation or anything grrrrr! Anyway, he decided to talk to me one day (I think cos he found out we were both going to be in the same room the next weekend) and he was being all chatty and stuff, I told him that I thought he hated me and he acted all suprised! Flippin cheek.

Anyway, it's all over now, we don't really speak to eachother. It just takes time. It's the not knowing what on earth is going on that it the hardest!
  • Options
    It just takes time. It's the not knowing what on earth is going on that it the hardest!

totally. i cannot help wondering (just because i'm in that "ho hum...its winter and cold and i would like a special someone to snuggle up to" kinda mood) that it might have been different if i had not gone back to his. BUT i know now that when the next guy comes along i am going to be very careful not to rush into things again. (see, i'm being optimistic!)

He is just wierd i have decided and its a shame he doesnt feel he can talk to me. Obviously knows he shudnt have been so nice and got my hopes up the morning after!

hope things are looking good for u buttercup.
  • Options
    :-) You got the right frame of mind lizzie_amy. Just take things slowly next time and then you'll work out if the guy is right for you or not, or at least if he's not a complete ass.
  • Options
    That guy is a complete arse. Just don't let him get to you at all. If he is going to be immature just let him. As long as you are civil to him, whenever needs be, then he can't hold it against you. Rise above it.
  • Options
    He's an absolute cunt. You sound like you are a good person who definitely deserves better. Let it go.
  • Options
    It sounds like the guy just wanted sex. Calling him an "absolute cunt" is a bit extreme. He's probably not the best guy in the world, but he's not the only person - of either sex - who has fancied a shag.

Move on.
  • Options
    Yea, but he could at least say hello to her.

For that reason he is a cunt.
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    Yea, but he could at least say hello to her.

For that reason he is a cunt.

he he.

sure he's not the first person who just fancied a shag....however since when has politeness done anyone any harm?!

ta guys - was good to see some replies, was feelin a bit down today due to shitty coursework and then got myself to thinking about 'life, the universe and everything' (which is never a good idea for me!) but i'm happier now :) ... know that i cannae afford to let silly things get in the way.