Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

sore back

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
after going a bit mad at a gig the other night (jumping around with my mate on my shoulders) i ended up with a very sore back the next morning (yesterday) .. im nearly positive ive pulled muscles, the pains in 5 or 6 places around my back (my 2 shoulders then randomly around my back) and its very painful !

should i be up and moving around or should i be resting ?

Comments

• Options
    i THINK its resting for a hurt back, i cant remember too well though ...theres one where ure meanta be active and something else where ure meanta rest.

gogle
  • Options
    Moderate activity, i.e. no more jumping around like a looney.

You only have one back and when it is gone it is gone..... [/lecture]
  • Options
    Try having a bath (be careful when getting out), moderate activity like walking, if the pain doesn't get better you should see a doctor incase you have done something worse than pulled muscles.
  • Options
    I pulled muscles in my back @work. i was given pain killers and instructions for moderate exercises in A&E!
  • Options
    well ive been working away the last two days and its definately getting gradually better, so all is well!
  • Options
    Take Ibuprofen (if you can - NOT IF YOU HAVE AN ULCER OR STOMACH COMPLAINT! / Lecture!) as this will help reduce any swelling. If you can bear it, have someone rub some deep heat or some such massage oil in - what you have is akin to a sports injury so best treat it as such I reckon (wil also sound a lot better at work rather than I was jumping around with my mate on my shoulders at a gig!!!!!) good luck, I know haw painful it can be!
    x