Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cream For Tattoo

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Got a new tattoo today on the back of me neck.
Haven't takent he bandage of yet. not due to come off for another 20mins. Anyways, I thought I had E45 in my house, But I don't. I've got nivea. Would that be ok to use till money and I'll get e45 then?

Comments

• Options
    i got one the other day on the back of my neck too!!
    i havent used anything on it apart from my normal moisturiser, but then again, mine is only a little pentagram.
  • Options
    awww, you got a pentagram. that's fab. I have on me lower back.
    I got a small daisy on me neck as it's my favourite flower.

Well they say so long as it's ph balanced and it aint scented which I don't think it is. so it should be grand, shouldn't it?
  • Options
    Oh thats so cool, i've always wanted a tattoo on the back of my neck just can't think of anything to put there.

I always just put aloe and an uncented/colored moisturizer on all my tattoos. cheap and easy.
  • Options
    i love mine. its my first tattoo.
    my bf got one at the same place (sugary sweetness - at least its not a name)
    its an evil pentagram. im thinking of getting a `good` pentagram underneath it.
  • Options
    i was told to use piles cream. worked a treat, actually.

nivea should be fine. what i'd do is dab a tiny bit on a smal part of your tattoo, wait a while to see if it stings or reacts, and if not, go to town.
  • Options
    Weird... I was told not to put any cream on my tattoo when I first got it done...?!
  • Options
    My wee bro swears by sudocream
  • Options
    Cheers for the info guys. Been using nivea and seems to be working fine with it.
    Been about 4 years since I got a tattoo so kinda forget how it all works, etc. Got me tattoo done just 2-3 days ago. Just checking that it is normal for it to still feel tender, is it?
  • Options
    Perparation H (I'm not kidding!)