Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

eyebrow color

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As my hair gets redder and redder (its pretty much a dark copper red) my eyebrows match less and less (they are a semi light brown) I don't want to dye them or get them dyed. Is there like a make up trick to make them match more or any tips at all in this topic?

Comments

• Options
    eye brown pencil maybe?
  • Options
    I've read a lot of beauty articles where they advise you not to alter your eyebrow colour too considerable even when your hair colour changes just because your eyebrow colour is always different naturally anyway - but like kaz said use a pencil to start off with and then if you think it looks okay then move onto a matching powder - shavata does good ones - they give a much more polished and natural finish
  • Options
    weird

bizarre. i was going to post something similar.. hehe.

oh well.. i still have questions: how do you apply eyebrow pencil? for me it always look fake, my eyebrows are quite fine and fairer than my hair which is dark brown whereas my eyebrows are middly/light brown.. am i supposed to apply it to the skin underneath the eyebrow hair as well? my worst fear is being one of those types with the etched on black eyebrows that look like two caterpillers stuck above my eyes. :rolleyes:

i've got the sharvata eyebrow pencils with the wax/powdery stuff to match.
  • Options
    personally i am not too keen on eyebrow pencil, it goes on too dark and is very difficult to blend. for day to day, I use the H + M eyebrow powder (cheap I know) because it comes in a small easy to transport case, but I think they only do it in really dark. It does take a bit of practice, so put it on lightly, layer by layer and keep standing back to take a look in the mirror. use a firm slanted brush as it complements the shape of an eyebrow, particularly at the inner corner. Initially use it to fill in gaps that you may have left by plucking or where the hair has not grown right. so not use it below where your eyebrow hair is as it will look fake!

I hope this helps
  • Options
    UK QVC do Smashbox Brow Tech & Brush you could try US QVC Smashbox is based in the US so I'm sure you'll find it in a department store near you.