Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tum tum tum

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey peoples,

I've been a tad poorly randomly the past week or so. I've had an upset stomach though that cleared up by about Monday. I've still have a very sensitive stomach to touch since and last night - not a bloated or upset feeling but my stomach just seemed to swell, below the ribs. Now, for period style bloatness, it's always a lot further but this was actually my proper tummy swelling. It was sensitive to touch and very uncomfortable. Any suggestions. It's settled down a lot now but still seems 'swollen'.

Thank you :)

Comments

• Options
    may be to do with ur upset tummyness...see if some of those yoghurt things help, they talk about on the telly for bloatedness maybe?
  • Options
    See it doesn't feel bloated like, I'm full or like...I can't explain properly - it's actually a swelling, like a harder sort of...swelling!
  • Options
    If you had a stomach upset then it could be that your stomach is still recovering even though you feel well, if you were suffereing from sickness then your tummy could be feeling tender because of that. Go and see your gp if you are worried.
  • Options
    my tummy usually feels tender after i've been ill, tis annoying! give it a few days if it doesnt go, then go to a doctor?
  • Options
    Hey peoples,

I've been a tad poorly randomly the past week or so. I've had an upset stomach though that cleared up by about Monday. I've still have a very sensitive stomach to touch since and last night - not a bloated or upset feeling but my stomach just seemed to swell, below the ribs. Now, for period style bloatness, it's always a lot further but this was actually my proper tummy swelling. It was sensitive to touch and very uncomfortable. Any suggestions. It's settled down a lot now but still seems 'swollen'.

Thank you :)
    Have you been boozing, or vomiting strenuously?
  • Options
    Hey again,

to elloborate - now it was a bad tummy. Now I have a lump, protuding from one side of my stomach quite blatently. Size? Well it's a bump about the width of a tennis ball, so a fair size, but not protuding that far out, about half an inch at it's most.

what can that mean? I'm registered with the student health centre down the road, but trying to book an appointment is so far from easy, I keep getting told to call back the next morning so I may go to the NHS walk in centre - but would still like any feedback please
  • Options
    If you are still in pain, I would try to get an emergency appointment with your doctor, failing that contact NHS Direct and speak with a doctor on the phone.
  • Options
    could be a hernia? maybe you should go to the hospital? or ring NHS direct is possibly better, they may get you a emergency appointment
  • Options
    ring your doctors, and ask if they can get a doctor to ring you back, or if they have any way of getting you seen today.

otherwise the walk-in centre is a fab idea. they should have more of those :yes:

i have similar symptoms when my ulcers flare up, but it's more of a coming and going type pain/swelling. feels like a hard fist up under my ribs. not nice.
  • Options
    NHS Direct doesn't employ doctors. It's nurse-led and protocol driven.

Could it be constipation or trapped wind?
  • Options
    I've had it for over a week now so I don't know. Getting an appointment for the docs tomorrow so we'll get it settled once and for all! Thank you for your replies :)