Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Eye problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been having a couple of minor puzzlements lately. One is that floaters - those transparent bike-chain things you can see if you stare at the sky, I hope someone knows what I mean - keep drifting across my vision, which they didn't before. The other is that my eyes are getting very easily irritated - I seem to always be blinking out a grain of dust. :confused:

I have of course come up with the simple explanations of stress, not enough sleep, and the fact that I work, study and play on computers. I'm obviously hoping someone here will help me by telling me these are adequate...

I've been working full time for 9 months. I've never had eye trouble before, ever, in fact my health is generally very good, and I don't have a doctor.

Any ideas? Tell me what you see...

Comments

• Options
    Nope there's nothing wrong with you.
  • Options
    I would see a doctor about that, I know that diabetes can cause those floating things and you should get that checked. But it might be something as simple as stress and tiredness. Maybe wait a few days and see if the problems disappear or get worse.
  • Options
    Ah. Should have mentioned that it's been like this for several weeks.

Not that that rules out stress and tiredness of course.
  • Options
    Get some more sleep, do a little less during the day... see what that does. I know that when I've got loads of things to do and don't get enough sleep that it plays havoc with my vision.
  • Options
    try eye drops, if things don't improve go to an optician
  • Options
    i get floaters sometimes, usually when i've just turned the lights out at night and i'm not used to the dark, thought they were normal
  • Options
    No harm in visiting an optician for peace of mind! i would!
  • Options
    Something similar kept occouring with me. It turned out to be migraines. Apperantly the headache and pain don't always come with it. Maybe thats worth looking into? I found this link. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/migraine-headache/DS00120/DSECTION=2&