Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How do you know?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Really confused.
I've been with my boyfriend for 6 years, but I've met this guy and I can't stop thinking about him. He is so lovely and we get on brilliantly together, have lots in common and can't stop talking! people around us have commented that we are getting on well and are being "flirty" with one another. Problem is although I am in a long term relationship, I have started to feel something for this guy, so much so that I think I am falling for him. I miss him when he isn't around and feel like something is missing when he isn't there. I don;t know what to do. This guy has started to say things which suggest he likes me as well, in fact everybody is saying that he does. I think I love my boyfriend, but this has taken me by complete surprise and I just can't get this other guy outta my head.... Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    Don't cheat on your guy.

Don't be a bitch.
  • Options
    i second that. if you must be with the other guy, end it with your boyfriend. it's better than cheating.
  • Options
    ok sounded like whats happening to me (well im the sort of thing guy and have been getting on really well with a girl whos been in a 2 year reletionship and we both had said we like each other) but the thing is are you a risk taker, and you cant help who you like :banghead: what i would do is keep seeing this guy. but dont CHEAT, he will respect that, and if your feelings grow even more and you can see you self having a future with this person, im sorry but you may have to split up with your bf.
  • Options
    Still... Think of it in the long run. Do you still enjoy spending time with your boyfriend?

If you get with this other guy, can you see yourself being with in 6 years?

Can you see yourself staying with your boyfriend for another 6 years?
  • Options
    What might happen is that you break up with your boyfriend, go out with this guy, then realise that it was just the attention that grabbed you. Life is a big learning curve. But are 6 years of relationship worth throwing away for a guy you've just met recently?
  • Options
    Think about why you are being drawn to this other man.

It's normal to see people you like the look of, even when in a relationship.

But if you are "falling in love" with someone else then that, IMHO, indicates that you have problems with your boyfriend. You need to work out what's wrong in your current relationship, and work out if the problems are fixable.

Don't cheat on your bf, and don't make any rash decisions.
  • Options
    I totally agree with kermit!!

There must be something goin wrong in ur relationship with your fella for you to be drawn to someone else.

I admit its perfectly normal and natural to think some one is good looking and be flattered by their compliments, BUT if you are starting to think about being with this otha fella whilst ur still with your boyfriend then u need to take a good hard look at ur relationship!!

May be there is something this otha fella is givin u that ur boyfriend is not(attention, compliments etc etc) but don't cheat think long n hard about u n ur boyfriend n if u see a future then work hard at it together if it doesn't work out then at least u can walk away having tried ur hardest!!! But if you dont see a future with ur boyfriend then the relationship has run its course n its time to get out n try new things.......!! :wave:
  • Options
    cheating brings on really terrible karma, just end it and then do whatever you heart tells you to do.
  • Options
    Suga80 wrote:
    I totally agree with kermit!!

More newbies should make sensible comments like this.

Just one little thing, suga. Can you try not to use text speak? It's quite hard to read for us old fogeys, and it means people are less likely to take your comments seriously. You don't have restricted space on these forums, so try and type in full words. It just makes life easier.
  • Options
    Ok i shall post in full english!! tx is my 1st language now kermit!!!