Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

late period, pregnancy test and pregnancy!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
right, im almost 6days late when im usually never later than one day. i've recently come off the pill and i've taken three home pregnancy tests so far.

all three pregnancy tests came out the same way, i used clear blue and i got a horizontal line (negative) with scattered dots around where the vertical line (for a positive result) should be. i've done other first response tests but never had the dots around the vertical line area. should i be worried?

Comments

• Options
    Ok, you've confused me. What's all this about horizontal and vertical lines? I thought First response was supposed to look like this. (SEE ATTATCHMENT)

There isn't a negative line btw, it's a control.

My first thoughts, without seeing it would be that if you've got two lines, no matter how faint or diffuse, then you're pregnant.
  • Options
    Amira wrote:
    right, im almost 6days late when im usually never later than one day. i've recently come off the pill and i've taken three home pregnancy tests so far.

all three pregnancy tests came out the same way, i used first response and i got a horizontal line (negative) with scattered dots around where the vertical line (for a positive result) should be. i've done other first response tests but never had the dots around the vertical line area. should i be worried?

I would go and see your doctor and ask for them to do a test. Since coming off the pill haveyou have unprotected sex? If the answer to that question is no, then it is unlikely that you are pregnant, but I would still see your doctor to be on the safe side.

As you have just recently come off the pill, then it is likely that your body is just adjusting to the changing levels of hormones within your system. Your doctor will be able to carry out a wide range of tests including checking your hormone levels, blood tests to check your blood count and other things, plus they test your liver function and a few other things.

I had a simular problem last year when my periods stopped for three months without any clear reason, so they did the tests I mentioned above.I can't remember them all but all my levels came back as normal so it was put down to stress and sure enough once I had completed all my courswork etc... they returned and have been fine ever since.
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    My first thoughts, without seeing it would be that if you've got two lines, no matter how faint or diffuse, then you're pregnant.
    :yes:

One of the first tests I did gave me a result like this, I ended up getting one of the digital ones that says "pregnant" and "not pregnant", cant get much clearer than that.
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    Ok, you've confused me. What's all this about horizontal and vertical lines? I thought First response was supposed to look like this. (SEE ATTATCHMENT)

There isn't a negative line btw, it's a control.

sorry i mean clear blue :blush: you can tell how worried and bleurgh i am right now :s
  • Options
    surely chances are if you've just come off the pill, it's going to take your body a while to readjust and so your periods might be a bit out?
  • Options
    Have you had unprotected sex since stopping the pill?
  • Options
    Best thing to do is see ur Doctor!!!!!!! If ur confused by these test then he/she should help!
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    Have you had unprotected sex since stopping the pill?

hardly, we started then went to get a condom

and i went to see the doctor, got a test...it came out negative, but he told me to come back in a week if i dont get my period by then and to do another test.

this is crap! help me someone
  • Options
    Amira wrote:
    hardly, we started then went to get a condom

and i went to see the doctor, got a test...it came out negative, but he told me to come back in a week if i dont get my period by then and to do another test.

this is crap! help me someone
    youre probably not pregnant then, being as you didnt really have unprotected sex and several pg tests have come up negative.
    The chances are that youre late because youre stressed and youve just come off your pill, thus your hormones are a bit messed up.
    I mean, there is a small chance of pregnancy obviously, but id try and relax if i were you. A doctors pg test is no more reliable than a home one.
  • Options
    A doctors pg test is no more reliable than a home one.

Thats what my doc told me. :yes: