Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

so what's the real reason for ID cards.......?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Seeing as the ex-MI5 chief Stella Remington has now come out and said they won't actually make any of us safer from terrorism, as most documents can be forged rendering ID cards "useless"...........so, would anyone like to hazard a guess why our government is so keen on forcing us all to have one....?

Story.

Personally I don't see why we should all be tagged like animals, don't they have enough information on all of us already? Surely in a democratic nation something like this would go to a referendum, but I can't see that happening.....I'm not sticking around to find out that's for sure.

Comments

• Options
    I suspect its that some bright spark said 'ID cards are used by virtually every other country, lets see what they can do here' and evryone else went 'good idea', without having a clue what they could be used for. And now they either have to find a good use for them or pulling them and having the embarrassment of looking like idiots.
  • Options
    To remove paper money from circulation.

It's either that or admit the bankruptcy and have the ever growing number of people who are paying for things using exemptions/discharges become a critical mass and crash the system.

Of course a crash would take all the power from the current banksters and put it back in the hands of the people which they aren't gonna let happen without a fight.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    ID cards had so much potential.

Instead we are gonig to have a big, farcialical, waste of money. And to add to that it will fail.

Woo for ID cards!
  • Options
    The real reason is a misguided attempt at control...