Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

apparant outcry over jamie oliver killing a lamb on tv

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    So reality of death hits our screens, perhaps it does people good to know that the lamb on their plate is the same as the pretty fluffy animal in the fields...
  • Options
    Well they are complaiing because it wasn't stunned first so that it 'didn't feel pain'.

Who cares?

Animals are there to be eaten, he wasn't torturing it, I am sure it died quickly etc

Kids should be made to watch it, if they don't like it don't eat meat otherwise you are a hypocrite........
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    Well they are complaiing because it wasn't stunned first so that it 'didn't feel pain'.

Who cares?

Animals are there to be eaten, he wasn't torturing it, I am sure it died quickly etc

Kids should be made to watch it, if they don't like it don't eat meat otherwise you are a hypocrite........

id be happy to kill an animal to eat, probably wouldnt be nice and clean but i would do it
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Toadborg wrote:

Actually the slitting of the throat is most probably a better way to go.

I saw the programme and he didn't feel comfortable doing it, but like he said, he's probably cooked dup thousands of sheep over the years it would be pretty stupid if he couldn't do it.

If people coudln't go through with killing an animal then they shoudn't be eating it. It's life and we're top of the food chain.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    It's about time people realised that the animal is the steak.

Hugh fearnley-Whittingstall makes an excellent point. He says that if people lose track of the food process, that lambs=tea, then the factory farms can get away with anything. If people stop associating meat with animals, and just see the plastic trays of steak, then people don't think about how the animals are treated, and even more inhumane practices are allowed to continue unimpeded.

I think he's right. If people don't asscoiate tea with the animal, then factories will treat the animals badly, because nobody pays attention. Making sure people appreciate where meat comes from is important in ensuring that animals are treated well. Anyone who likes good quality meat should make sure they know that it came from animals, and make sure the animals were treated well.
  • Options
    If people don't asscoiate tea with the animal, then factories will treat the animals badly, because nobody pays attention. Making sure people appreciate where meat comes from is important in ensuring that animals are treated well. Anyone who likes good quality meat should make sure they know that it came from animals, and make sure the animals were treated well.

:yes:

That lamb probably had a better life and death than its UK counterparts
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    So.. it is FINE to show Iraqi's being slaughtered... but not a lamb.

I don't give a shit. That chap who done that river cotage thing has done so... they show bloody slaughter houses on TV...

And little jamie kills a lamb nad people cry out? Grow up, its just blood. You eat it anyway, unless you are a vegetarian. And if you are... just get on with life, no one cares. Your choice, not mine.
  • Options
    What was wrong with they way he killed that lamb? he did it exactly in the same way it is done all over the continent of Europe and pretty much anywhere that lambs are killed for food.

what was the point on Iraq? i didnt understand it...
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    subject13 wrote:
    what was the point on Iraq? i didnt understand it...

I've seen pictures of Iraqi's being killed on TV. So why is a lamb worse?
  • Options
    It's only amusing that The Sun gets its knickers in a twist, when the very same newspaper was quite willing to put pictures on its front page of Marc Foe dying on a football field.