Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

yet another thread on curling hair with straigteners

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
sorry people, but ive searched+cant really din what im after. You see, im hopeless with my hair, and need to one to explain to me simply, preferably with a pic or summat, how to use straigteners to curl hair. i know how it looks, and really wana try it! ive searched on google too, but all i found was reviews saying stuff like "you can use these straigteners to curl your hair..." but not telling you how!!
also, how do you make the curly bits of the curls closer to the top of your hair?? is it something to do with rotating the straigteners sooner????

Comments

• Options
    Hmm, dunno how clear this will be but how i think of it is -

imagine a section of your hair is a piece of ribbon and youre using scissors to make it curly...you scrap the blade against the taught ribon...
  • Options
    Im not sure you'll understand me, but I:
    Take a piece of hair under 1 cm thick
    Put the staightners at the root
    Rotate the straightners slowly pulling them through the length of your hair
    Spray with hairspray to seal

You must have the small type of straightners (ie GHDs or similar) and NOT futura thicker style.

I've tried to do what secondsophie said about pulling the hair taught, but I've never been able to do it that way- I guess it's what each person understands.
    Curling with straightners is the quickest way, but I find the curls drop afta a couple of hours.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    use them just like a curling tongue, i would've thought it was quite simple?
  • Options
    look at this thread

a few posts down i drew a pic to explain
  • Options
    thanx everyone!! i understand abit better now, will have a fiddle tomo. Will i need to use mouse or anything in my hair before hand??
  • Options
    i tend to have to straighten my hair before i curl it, lol. so i probably don't get the best results.

i sometimes use a bit of defining gloss or something, but you won't want much of whatever you use.
  • Options
    Although this video is specifically for GHD Minis, the procedure is the same

You will need WMP

http://www.jasonshankey.co.uk/jshtml/videos/ghd_mini.html
  • Options
    what i do is: get a section of hair, wind/coil it around my finger, take my finger out of the middle of the coil so im left holding a circle of hair. then, clamp the straighteners over that circle of hair and hold for a few seconds. let go, the hair will uncoil into a curls/waves. if that makes sense... :thumb:
  • Options
    Obviously I'm missing something here, but why don't you just use a curling iron?
  • Options
    bcos i dont have one! im gonna buy one though, its just til ive got the money!