Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Panoxyl

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Today i got some Panoxyl (stregnth 2.5)

Just wondering what to expect really. Can i expect my face to look hideously dry and bright red? If so i want to leave it til i have a few days off uni so i dont walk around looking like a peeling betroot.

Another query, is it ok to use moisturiser? I will be using it before i go to bed but need to use moisturiser in the morning..

Comments

• Options
    I shouldnt imagine it'll dry you're skin out so to that degree. Moisturiser would be ok id have thought.

I used it years ago but didnt find it very effecctive.
  • Options
    I'd only use a moisturiser if the skin was actually drying out. Presumably you've got the Panoxyl because your skin is greasy and you have quite bad spots. If you moisturise unnecessarily, you will just clog up the pores and get no benefit from the Panoxyl. Moisturise the dry bits by all means, but not all over I think.
  • Options
    Personally it didnt do much for me apart from bleach everything! You have to be careful with Panoxyl coz it will turn your clothes funny colours like i had a blue towel which turned bright pink!

But hey hope it works for ya.
  • Options
    my skins not greasy at all, quite dry in fact which is why i need to use moisturiser every day

i got it in hope it would get rid of my spots/acne

i actually did a little test last night, i rubbed a tiny amount onto my cheek and i hadnt had an allergic reaction or anyhting unpleasant so now i think its safe to use it on the rest of my face

thanks for the replies
  • Options
    try only using it every other day or a couple of times a week to avoid frying your face. if your skin is already quite dry then be wary. i also had problems with the bleaching of towels :mad:
  • Options
    If the skin is dry, what use is the Panoxyl?
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    If the skin is dry, what use is the Panoxyl?
    Blah wrote:
    i got it in hope it would get rid of my spots/acne
  • Options
    Thanks, cos I can't read. :thumb:
  • Options
    as has been said, becareful with panoxyl, dont put it all over your face...just apply it to individual spots (at night) and use an oil free moisturiser during the day, the clean and clear one is good because it also helps to combat spots.