Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tickly Throat/Cough

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well my dad has somehow given me his cough :impissed: , but it's more of a irritating sore/tickly feeling rather than a full blown cough.
I really do despise cough/throat medicine so i wondered if there are any house hold things i can try to ease it abit?
I've heard boiled lemonade helps :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    Well my dad has somehow given me his cough :impissed: , but it's more of a irritating sore/tickly feeling rather than a full blown cough.
    I really do despise cough/throat medicine so i wondered if there are any house hold things i can try to ease it abit?
    I've heard boiled lemonade helps :confused:

Why don't you go for some lovely jubbly flavoured lempsip drink sachets - I have blackcurrant ones and they're ace.

I don't really know of any household ones, but there are a number of medice like alternatives i.e. lemsip sachets, strepsil blackcurrant tabs, soothers.

You may just need to bite the bullet. No one really likes taking their medicine but they work - the yukkier the more affective, I'm sure of it :thumb:
  • Options
    Why don't you go for some lovely jubbly flavoured lempsip drink sachets - I have blackcurrant ones and they're ace.

I don't really know of any household ones, but there are a number of medice like alternatives i.e. lemsip sachets, strepsil blackcurrant tabs, soothers.

You may just need to bite the bullet. No one really likes taking their medicine but they work - the yukkier the more affective, I'm sure of it :thumb:
    yeah when i was in america last year i had abit of tonsilitis for a few days (curse of mine) and i got this cherry flavoured throat spray, was rather yucky and mediciny tasting but it worked well, might get it out and give it another go.
    i'll probably invest in some sucky tablets too
  • Options
    A spoon full of honey does the trick. :)
  • Options

:yes:

i always find a spoon or two of honey in a cup of tea nicer than actually just gobbling a spoon of honey, but it all works.
  • Options

I thought it was honey + lemon juice + hot water? (or something like that)