Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

is it me or....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
are there more people taking drugs these days? or has it always been that way and i've only realised it the last few years.

could be something to do with all the indie rock and roll dohertys about. but wasnt the sex pistols in the same boat

Comments

• Options
    i think it's just probably more 'accepted' so more people talk about it than before. plus, i think is it maybe easier to get your hands on than before and i think it's cheaper too so maybe more people do use drugs. i wouldn't really know though...

and i certainly don't think it's about the indie/rock music!
  • Options
    could be something to do with all the indie rock and roll dohertys about. but wasnt the sex pistols in the same boat

What because drugs were never in rock and roll before? :confused:
  • Options

and dylan and the stones and the beatles and hendrix and chuck berry and wordsworth and queen victoria and al capone and ...me.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Drugs are just being more openly taken now, adn themedia likes to pounce on anyone who does it and sensationalise it.

Hell, Rock n Roll has ALWAYS been full of drugs people. Since day 1.

Metal... just IS drugs. Nearly all groups have/are on something.

New RnB, hip hop, rap, whatever.. all sounds the same these days... used to be different generes and sounds. It glamorises the drug dealer culture, gansta, etc.

Drugs were always about. Now they are just more in the light.
  • Options
    No it's not just you, the amount of people taking drugs has rose considerably these days. I wouldn't like to see the place in 10 years....could be LOADS of drugs or NO drugs....the first being the shitest. although saiying taht in 10 years i'll prob be stopped all this shite, taking coke,mdma,2 differnet es green shreks pink smileys,hash,weed,salvia,loads and loadsa ois booze..been someweek..prob the biggest bender i've bene on in a long long time.

HAha.
  • Options
    I've never noticed a decrease or increase myself, with dope yea you'll get more people smoking these days but with harder drugs like E's I say less people are taking them, even coke round here hasn't "boomed" like you lot make it out to be sometimes. Maybe it's just me I dunno.
  • Options
    I find that most of the people that i used to do drugs with have quit and all these new kids growing up are doing them. I think its something you grow out of.
  • Options
    blade_fury wrote:
    I think its something you grow out of.
    i'm just a late developer.
  • Options
    i remember you was intersested in taking pills same time as me shogun, from pills onto many others, only thing lefti want to experience is acid. you are still going strong, wish i was in a way but im not.

know what you mean about in 10years time. fuck that. dont eat those pink smileys.

been discussing this subject tonigh and came to conclusion that drugs getting took at a younger age. cant remember how we got to that
  • Options
    and what about the super obvious one .. DANCE MUSIC .. that fairly got the ecstasy on the go ;)

and those pink smilies are fine if you have the good ones ! the ones floating around northern ireland are fine (powdery, taste like e's) .. ive heard of shitey (speedy) ones floatin about england .. but the pill is 'waxy' and doesnt taste like ecstasy so its a give away

and there's definatly an increase in the amount of people taking drugs around here, espically at a young age ... the age of some people smoking weed is quite scary .. and even tho just smoking it is quite bad, the amount they smoke is even worse!

and ive definatly noticed an increase in coke usage
  • Options
    Definately the age at which people use drugs is going down and the quantities of drugs individuals use seems to be increasing.

Cocaine is the most troubling though, some Italian scientists recently tested the Thames and found we're using more coke in London than ever before.
  • Options
    Shows that it's more readily available aswell, all down to the drugs culture rising

Whats scary is by every measure use is going up really quickly, yet price is stable or going down, this means a lot more is coming into the country.
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    On the whole drugs topic, was given 6 canulas full of Morphine whilst having my most recent colonscopy... woke up and felt like I was flying whilst pissed- thoroughly enojyed myself, didn't really help that I had a recovery guy leaning over me at the time. Looking into the dangers of morphine etc though.

nice to hear you enjoyed it, i could do with some morphine with my performance at snooker tonight
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Whats scary is by every measure use is going up really quickly, yet price is stable or going down, this means a lot more is coming into the country.

Are quality levels remaining stable as well?

Coke's still got a stigma attached to it which E has overcome i feel...a load of people i know who happily pop E's shy away from coke...however just like E i'd presume this too will be a stigma overcome...and although I do the stuff, it's definitely not something i'd recommend.

Shit...I feel like an old man these days..."isn't weed or beer enough!" :confused:
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Are quality levels remaining stable as well?

Coke's still got a stigma attached to it which E has overcome i feel...a load of people i know who happily pop E's shy away from coke...however just like E i'd presume this too will be a stigma overcome...and although I do the stuff, it's definitely not something i'd recommend.

I believe so, but obviously its nigh on impossible to actually say, especially given I havent been within a mile of cocaine (knowingly) for several years.

I'd actually argue that cocaines alure is still strong, it still has that stupid glamour image where as E is now a dirty kiddy drug which is seen as immature and not for adults.

This is why MDMA powder seems to be more popular, it is a way for older users to use MDMA without having to use pills, which is what the younger people do.