Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Babies? Learn faster, it's the law!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/11/09/nbaby09.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/11/09/ixnewstop.html

A national curriculum for babies. :shocking:

I mean seriously, for fucks sake. Why can't they just fuck off and leave us alone?

I give up, just come around and put the microchips in the kids, tag me and do straight brainwashing on us all. At least that way I don't have to get pissed off before the fuckwit idiots who believe in the imaginary "state" trundle their massive ignorance over my life.

Jesus Christ, what the fuck is wrong with these people?

Comments

• Options
    Its not testing kids at that age, its just 'visits' to see how they are progressing, there is a difference, honest.

Kids should just play until at the very least the age of 5.
  • Options
    Tricky one. The reasoning is sound, their solution is not.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Kentish wrote:
    Tricky one. The reasoning is sound, their solution is not.

Tends to be the way... must agree with you on this.
  • Options
    Typical of the nanny state and New Labour to be bringing this about. A curriculum for babies? It works on the very questionable assertion that babies and children all learn at the same pace. Nurseries will have to do this job, thus turning them into nothing more than a propaganda tool of the state. Is this about the best interests of children? No, of course not.

And who's heading all of this? The Children's Minister. And who is she? Why, only Beverley Hughes, the woman who lied repeatedly in her last job in the cabinet. Inspires such confidence, doesn't it? :(
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/11/09/nbaby09.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/11/09/ixnewstop.html

A national curriculum for babies. :shocking:

I mean seriously, for fucks sake. Why can't they just fuck off and leave us alone?
    politics has seriously become all about interfering instead of governing.
    they know whats best and all that bollox.
    there will be a huge backlash eventualy i'm sure.
    it seems so long as theres choice in shopping ...people believe they are free and actualy have choice ...it's quite scary.
  • Options
    it seems so long as theres choice in shopping ...people believe they are free and actualy have choice ...it's quite scary.

words of wisdom you spout every so often :yes:

they talk of our freedom as the freedom to choose between between mcdonalds and burger king, or tescos and asda - the complete removal of the small business which can be cheaper more effective and more personal to favour the elite companies with resources

i give it another 10 years til we see no more slightly dodgy independant local corner shops run by the friendly indian or pakistani family that sell u duty free fags :(
  • Options
    i give it another 10 years til we see no more slightly dodgy independant local corner shops run by the friendly indian or pakistani family that sell u duty free fags :(
    :D:D
  • Options

Govern means to control. What do you think it means, Rolly?

:yes:

'Course they know best. If you knew best then you wouldn't be doing all that productive living and would be minister for babies, wouldn't you?

Education is as much about installing values as it is about teaching and learning. You'd think that when they were starting to "test" nippers would be a good time for a backlash, wouldn't you?
  • Options
    The thing is, when babies are playing they ARE still learning...
  • Options
    these "milestones" for monitoring child development have been around for years, and many nurseries have been following them for as long, just coz the government have decided to make a big deal of it all of a sudden doesn't make it anything new.

any good early years practitioner should be integrating learning and playing at nurseries anyway, usually in an informal manner, things like counting to 10 and learning shapes and colours...even nursery rhymes and songs fall into the national curriculum in multiple places , especially in the foundation stage. Children need a certain level of intellectual stimulation, even in the early years, the key is to find a good balance between play and learning.
  • Options
    J wrote:
    We are even free to choose our own religion unless some basic precepts have been taught to us by our parents and grandparents such as the basics of law and love or we were christened or some such tradition...
    This is why the whole christmas lights thing annoys me, because it's a long standing tradition - A time for giving and recieving and maybe catching up on relatives you haven't seen for a while. I'm not saying these things shouldn't be done at any other time but christmas is a great opportunity.

??