Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Masters

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hey, I'm in my last year of my Biology degree at Man Uni and want to consider a Masters next year in London.

I, however, haven't got a clue how to apply. What are the deadlines, is it too late?!

Do I apply to institutions directly - do I apply through UCAS?

I'm really at a loss where to start.

Thanks.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, you apply directly to the individual institutions. There isn't often a prticular deadline (or there wasn't with any of the unis I applied to, but it was Public Policy, so science might be different) but check on the various universitys' websites. Obviously, it's best to apply early if there's any danger your course might be popular and oversubscribed. Also, you'll need 2 referees, so have a think about who you want to approach for that. Depending on the uni/course you might get invited to an interview. I did with Birkbeck and Goldsmiths, but not by UCL, Brunel or Middlesex.

Finally, don't worry. I applied to 5 unis to do my MSc course and got offers from 4 of them..and the only reason I didn't get Goldsmiths was 'cos I didn't go to interview as I'd been offered a place by UCL by then. Compared to undergrad courses it's much less competitive I think - in retrospect I don't think I needed to apply to so many.

Good luck :)
  • Options
    I think trawling through the universities' websites is the best bet.

Many won't even confirm your place (and its funding) before June/July anyway.