Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ex Chatting Again

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My ex has randomly spoken to me on the net recently. I responded quite normally, but now im regretting it. Made me think of him again. Wants to meet before he moves. I dont really see the point in it. It wont benefit me in any way i can see. It will only give him an ego boost. He seems to want me to still like him. I know the answer to this question...just needed to write it out i guess. Have started a new life and dont thinki should include him in it no matter how small a way it is.

Comments

• Options
    woah thats what happened to me!
    only my ex has ended up spilling his heart out saying he still loves me and dumping me was a big mistake - and he wants to come and see me after he moves, which i said yes to.
    He even said he'd move closer if it meant we had a chance of being together again.

It sounds like you've already made up your mind, do what feels right for YOU.
  • Options
    Just stay in control and dont forget what he did to you and what his motives are.
  • Options
    Yeah, after what happened the last few times i have met up with him i know i shouldnt. It just makes me go down hill. Came out feeling battered and need to find myself again! There is no way id make the effort to go out of my way to see him. Im going to ignore him if he speaks to me again. There is no point in it at all. I broke it off with him for some very good reasons! Ballerina - good luck with your situation whatever happens in the end. It just annoys me as whenever i start to feel okay again he starts talking to me and ruins everything!
  • Options
    Fairy...i really dont know you but ive seen your posts and every time you mention this ex its bad news. you feel shit or annoyed with yourself...my advice is cut him out of your life!
    Delete his numbers, address, block and delete him on msn, stop going to sites he does...just get rid, dont give him the chance to pop up again next time hes around. You know you are better then him, be the one to move on and leave him behind then you have the power and wont get messed around again.
  • Options
    Sweetie, you're best staying clear. Delete and block his name.
    I am going through that at the moment myself. Ex Boyfriend has been texting me, like nothing had happened, suggesting about meeting up for a drink, etc. Then going on about how much he misses me. Ah, it just pickles my head how he can do that and then when the texts stop, it leaves me feeling broken.
    I have been texting normally back to him, like you have with your x on the internet. But friends have advised me, the next time he texts me again, I'm just going to try and tell him that I don't think it's a good idea that we can ever be friends after everything that has happened and think it'll be best if you deleted my number from your phone. But try and be nice in the end and suggest maybe one day down the line we could be friends but not just at the moment.

Maybe you could do the same.

Either way, hope things get easier for ya.
  • Options
    Cheers for your words of wisdom guys. I have deleted everything to do with him. He isnt on my msn list anymore, but i just didnt block him as i thought that was a bit immature in a way. But, yeah if he pops up on my screen again i may well have to take action and do that. Im not going to meet up with him for sure. Ive had a couple of flings and am currently seeing someone new. Once i have created some new memories with different people i guess it will get better...
  • Options
    Well the looser is talking to me again now! Ive ignored him and hes gone as far to say 'Come out wherever you are...' Such a twat!
  • Options
    There's a reason why he is your ex. Never forget that.
  • Options
    There's a reason why he is your ex. Never forget that.

very true! he came and said goodbye to me last night. was quite surreal. not sure it was the right thing to do by seeing him again, but i guess lifes too short and you only live once!