Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My rights as tennant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering if anyone has any advice or know of any websites with info. The Housing Aid in Derby is booked up at the moment.
My Landlady gave us 2 months notice to leave, after we had been in the house 4 months. Our Tennancy was for 6 months but we were promised it would be extended. However, due to cirumstances they need to move back in. We are due to move out this Saturday, however the house we are moving into won't be ready until the Saturday after. The Landlady is saying we will have to foot her storage and hotel bill for this week. Surely she can't make us do that?
So, if anyone has any advice, I would be most grateful.

Comments

• Options
    There is a housing section on askTheSite, and that's run by Shelter.

Put a question in there.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    There is a housing section on askTheSite, and that's run by Shelter.

Put a question in there.
    Thank you, Kermit.
  • Options
    It's over at http://www.thesite.org/community/askthesite/askaquestion - just select housing from the topics and the question will be rushed over to Shelter.
  • Options
    Cheers Jim, I've asked.
  • Options
    No she can't make you do that & you have every right to stay there until the court orders you to leave. Mind you they can make you pay the court costs. Shelter are a great help, give them a call if not sorted online.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    No she can't make you do that & you have every right to stay there until the court orders you to leave. Mind you they can make you pay the court costs. Shelter are a great help, give them a call if not sorted online.
    thank ya hon