Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

G8, Africa nil.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
MPH on the verge of breaking up?
MPH officials knew that the G8's announcements on aid, trade and debt were not only grossly inadequate to help poor countries reach the UN's development goals by 2015. They were also bogus - and MPH had briefed the rock stars to that effect. More than half of the promised $50bn (£28bn) in aid - which wouldn't kick in until 2010 - wasn't new money, but a dishonest amalgam of old pledges, future aid budgets and debt relief. And despite agreeing that "poor countries should be free to determine their own economic policies", only Britain had announced that it would no longer tie overseas aid to free market reforms - a promise it would break in the G8 debt deal.

So, what do all the Slob Welloff defenders say now?

:confused:

Comments

• Options
    Who defends Goldscoff?
  • Options
    [

So, what do all the Slob Welloff defenders say now?

:
    i made a similar thread a couple of months ago pointing this out and asking the same kind of question ...i got virtualy beat up!
  • Options
    Who defends Goldscoff?

Quite a few - "At least he's doing something......"

:eek:
  • Options
    Would you be posting this if Live 8 hadn't happened? Would it even be a topic of conversation here like this?

I think "no".

As I said at the time, as I say now, th epoint it to raise awareness that there is even a problem which needs addressing. Mass exposure is required. Perhaps we should also ask where the supporting orangisations are at the moment, why aren't they singing from the rooftops...?
  • Options
    Perhaps we should also ask where the supporting orangisations are at the moment, why aren't they singing from the rooftops...?

That'd be why I posted a link to the article........