Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Your Answers will be cherished

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok here goes, About 3 weeks ago now i finally hit on a girl ive liked for months.
We kind of got together on the Friday and by Tuesday i stayed at her place (No sex may i add as we was taking it slowly) Everything was going fine untill the week later she basically text me saying.....She aint ready yet etc (Which it was HER idea we got together as a couple) I was asking her out a lot tho...for meals etc so in a way i think i was being a bit too pushy with her to say the least and maybe this was too much too soon if you get me.
I relised nows the time to play it cool as we are just mates again so i didnt text her much all.
Weekend just gone i sugessted meeting up for a FRIENDLY drink...which she did, i then seen her on the nightime when i was out.....At 1 point i left the pub for 5 mins to see a mate outside...i then got a text off her saying....Where have you sharked off to mr??
Also according to her mate she gets all excited when i send her a text...
Sunday just gone we met up once again (so im glad we are still seeing each other etc) and not ignorring.

My question/Dillemma is....What do i do? Do i keep playing it cool with her? and hope that 1 day she will be ready and we will make a real go of it this time? or just move on?

A lot of this was TOO MUCH TOO SOON in my opinion, thats why this happened....

Your answers will be cherished :)

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    Anyone??
  • Options
    Have you tried talking to this girl properly and seeing what she thinks. It sounds to me as though you're both confused and perhaps need to talk about your feelings for each other then take it from there. Sorry this is a bit of an awful post hope it helped
  • Options
    You stayed at her house, but you didn't sleep together because you're taking it slow.....

So many things wrong with that in my opinion!

She's still a girl and still human mate.

Fucking hell, you're a moron.
  • Options
    We kind of got together on the Friday and by Tuesday i stayed at her place (No sex may i add as we was taking it slowly) Everything was going fine untill the week later she basically text me saying.....She aint ready yet etc (Which it was HER idea we got together as a couple) I was asking her out a lot tho...for meals etc so in a way i think i was being a bit too pushy with her to say the least and maybe this was too much too soon if you get me.
    I relised nows the time to play it cool as we are just mates again so i didnt text her much all.

I agree with this last bit :yes: Sounds like you've been little if no challenge for her and monopolising her time might have made you look a little needy/clingy. May I ask...Have you also told you how you feel already (before she's told you her feelings)?

She obviously likes you from the things you've said. My advice is leave her alone for a few days (let her realise how much she misses/likes you and let her make the next move). It'll make you seem much more desirable to be "difficult to get".

Also, don't get flustered into saying stuff you don't mean e.g. like asking for a friendly drink - you don't want just friendship, do you? Much better to be a little cocky (but not overbearing or arrogant), funny and tease.
  • Options
    Knobbbly wrote:
    I agree with this last bit :yes: Sounds like you've been little if no challenge for her and monopolising her time might have made you look a little needy/clingy. May I ask...Have you also told you how you feel already (before she's told you her feelings)?

She obviously likes you from the things you've said. My advice is leave her alone for a few days (let her realise how much she misses/likes you and let her make the next move). It'll make you seem much more desirable to be "difficult to get".

Also, don't get flustered into saying stuff you don't mean e.g. like asking for a friendly drink - you don't want just friendship, do you? Much better to be a little cocky (but not overbearing or arrogant), funny and tease.

Thanks for your reply, this is more like what i was looking for,I have indeed told her my feelings and she has told me hers for me (She likes me, we get on so well and click but its all to soon, lets be slow about it) thts what she said and im more than happy with that.
    Thanks for your advice regarding me to leave her alone, thats what im doing but i do reply to her txts

kind regards
  • Options
    You stayed at her house, but you didn't sleep together because you're taking it slow.....

What??
  • Options
    ive been in the same position before to be honest, and as much as i hate to admit it, i got bored with it all and eventually things just ended. it was at a time when i couldnt be bothered with all the messing about, and i kinda regret it still. but hey ho!

eta: ignore MattLiverpool, he's a fool.
  • Options
    Thanks, that's okay TranceAddict.

If I give you AN idea, will you tell me what you think? ...Okay, unfortunately this girl has told you that she isn't ready for relationship. Do you think its possible she's trying to be nice and turn down a relationship gently. Girls just aren't so cruel to say "f**k off and leave me alone".

I hope you don't think I am contradicting my above advice but simply adding another theory. I still think your best approach is giving her space....
  • Options

There is nothing wrong with taking things slow not everyone wants to shag each other on their first date.
  • Options
    Knobbbly wrote:
    Thanks, that's okay TranceAddict.

If I give you AN idea, will you tell me what you think? ...Okay, unfortunately this girl has told you that she isn't ready for relationship. Do you think its possible she's trying to be nice and turn down a relationship gently. Girls just aren't so cruel to say "f**k off and leave me alone".

I hope you don't think I am contradicting my above advice but simply adding another theory. I still think your best approach is giving her space....

Exactly what iam doing bud (giving her space)
    As for her gently telling me to fuck off well i heard a bit more info today from what her mate has told me....shes said that shes said that she hopes 1 day she will be ready to start a relationship with me properly so fingers crossed eh!

Cheers
  • Options
    ...gently telling me to fuck off...

Ekk, I didn't mean to make it sound so blunt! Sometimes its handy to put yourself in her position to try and workout what someone is thinking... Especially handy though when you can first hand info like you have done :)
  • Options
    Its a strange situation to be in, you really dont know what to do about it. I dont think any of us can really give you a right answer here as the girl seems a bit confused as to what it is that she wants.

Perhaps just going somewhere for a little chat and a bite to eat, tell her that you like her and just see if she feels the same way. You could tell her that you dont mind waiting a while if thats what she needs.

At the end of the day its all down to how long your willing to wait, its not a nice position to be in. You could always leave it a few weeks and see where it leads you, dont get your hopes up too much but at the same time keep an interest. At the end of a month if she is still being weird with it all then its not really ment to be.

Hope it all works out for you mate :thumb:
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies guys
    Much appreciated :)
  • Options
    True, but treating her like she's worth more than himself an making a statement "we shall not have sex!" kind of thing is probabaly making him seem like a lapdog.

I'm only 19, but i've seen this many times and any girl who is afraid to have sex at the first point it gets hot and heavy and says the words "not yet" is still livin in the past, this is 2005 were women are libirated from all those old cliches of being a housewife and "sex is bad! you slut!".

Maybe she wants to be swept off her feet?

or maybe it makes him seem like he respects her wish to wait. Some girls do want to wait til they feel more certain about the guy. it's nothing to do with living in the past, some girls don't want a quick shag just coz it's on offer, it doesn't mean that she thinks sex is bad...just that she doesn't want to rush into anything at that point.
  • Options
    t "we shall not have sex!"

What? where did i say i said that?
    She said to me....you can come mine after work if you want...i said yes but its gonna be a twat to get home, she said well you can stay then if you want as long as you are a good boy and dont try it on just yet (which i think sounds pretty normal)

The rest of your post means shit to me and shes 24 by the way
  • Options
    If she's 24 and she knows the ropes then it sound to me she has you in her control, when SHE says you can have sex with her, you will, until then you'll "wait till she's ready", it's bullshit, sorry if people disagree but things like this only point out a short, even no existant relationship.

It's not about the sex, it's the principle of how it works.

Mate im sorry but i really dont know what the fuck u mean!
    To be perfectly honest the last thing on my mind at the moment with this girl is sex. If that is all u think about when u meet a girl well im sorry but ur rather shallow.
    i dont actually recall saying once in any of my posts that im waiting for her to let me have sex with her so..........
    This aint got nothing to do with sex at all, i came on here and asked a normal question which some rather normal and informative people replied to and gave me good answers which im greatfull for.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    eta: ignore MattLiverpool, he's a fool.

In my experience, it's always best to ignore people from Liverpool. It's something ni the water I think.
  • Options
    In my experience, it's always best to ignore people from Liverpool. It's something ni the water I think.

What? Do you know everyone in Liverpool to support that statement? I'm from Liverpool...Have my comments offended you too?
  • Options
    Knobbbly wrote:
    What? Do you know everyone in Liverpool to support that statement? I'm from Liverpool...Have my comments offended you too?

Clearly irony is completely wasted on you newbie pants...
  • Options
    Maybe thunderstruck. "Something in the water", is that some vague reference to the Mersey? Obviously you're the kind of person who laughs at their own jokes (probably the only one too).
  • Options

why thank you, i was born there!!!
  • Options
    Your answer is play it cool, forget she's there most of the time and have fun when you're around her, don't mention the relationship either, just keeping it flowing, if she mentions it be like "lets not talk about this now, (got onto another fun subject)".

She's withholding keeping you in suspense, for many reasons, maybe she doesn't like you that much, maybe it's a test to see if you will stand up an be a man. It could be she's just fucking with your head for the sake of it. Maybe she's had a bad experience with her past bf. But it would seem to me, if she was sure about you and generally interested she'd have sex with you when it first becomes hot n heavy, if not then there's a problem between you two and if she keeps you in a waiting state she may lose a lot of interest in you.

Lots of the time, girls will do something because it FEELS right or wrong, even when you thinkin about it logically and there's nothing stopping them. Finding the root of that problem for you is impossible task, I gave up trying to understand girls long time ago. What i'm saying is though, don't let her keep you in the waiting state, be a man for gods sake, I really hope you know what that means. Get on with your life an tell her about other interestin girls you've met while out etc When she feels she wants to be with you, an have sex with you let her tell you, don't ask.

Thanks mate, very good reply
    Does infact make a lot of sence....
    cheers
  • Options
    But it would seem to me, if she was sure about you and generally interested she'd have sex with you when it first becomes hot n heavy, if not then there's a problem between you two
    God, you talk a hell of a lot of bullshit. Just shut up already.

tranceaddict - keep playing it cool. Don't do what you were doing before, texting her all the time etc because it will make it seem like you're smothering her and kind of obsessive as well.

Ignore MattLiverpool, tbh. He's an idiot and doesn't know what he's talking about.
  • Options
    Knobbbly wrote:
    Maybe thunderstruck. "Something in the water", is that some vague reference to the Mersey? Obviously you're the kind of person who laughs at their own jokes (probably the only one too).

No it's not. Unless the drinking water of the greater Liverpool area is fed by the Mersey which I highly doubt.

And what, may I ask, has lead you to the most erudite conclusion that I'm 'obviously the kind of person who laughs at their own jokes'?
  • Options
    Im sort of in a similar situation myself, its a real headfuck sometimes, i met a girl around 2 months ago who i hadnt seen since she was 7, anyways wegot on really well and it was all natural and cool, she seemed to fancy me and want to be with me and im really attractied to her shes beautiful.

But when we were together we just seemed to chill, or maybe i wasnt putting enough direction in it i dunno?

But i wanted to play it cool and not make my feelings to obious and show how much i want her and end up like one of the other guys chasing her around, but then im worried about leaving it too long and ending up as mates, so i did eventually 5 days ago tell her i like her and didnt know if she felt it too e..t.c, which led her cooming round saying she does like me but lets just take it slow and a kiss on the4 way out, but when i think about all the things shes done around e.t.c it makes me think she must be well interested but then i think if she isnt maybe shes just comfatable around me and telling her my feelings will malke her uncomftable cos she will always mean ,more as a friend whatever happens and i really care about her...

Realationshits.... :confused:
  • Options
    If she likes you more than just for the sex then she thinks that you will have the wrong impression of her if she gives in right away.

I believe that a relationship built on sex only is like a home build on quicksand....it's going to sink eventually. If you have deeper feelings for her then slow down and respect her for her brains, personality and character before jumping her bones. Get to know her first and make her feel special!

Thanks for your reply, this is more like what i was looking for,I have indeed told her my feelings and she has told me hers for me (She likes me, we get on so well and click but its all to soon, lets be slow about it) thts what she said and im more than happy with that.
    Thanks for your advice regarding me to leave her alone, thats what im doing but i do reply to her txts

kind regards
  • Options
    cheers for your replies