Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Too young for me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Started seeing a 19 year old skater guy. Hes cute and i have been having fun with him. However, im 20 and quite mature in a sense. Generally go out with guys in their mid 20s. Im slightly worried that i may find this mentality gap a problem and that he may get in too deep. Im just taking it as a bit of fun. He appears quite in experienced so im just taking it as i take the lead with this one. Guess ill have to train him up lol. I just kind of feel 15 again, its strange! Anyone else been in this situation?

Comments

• Options
    If you two are having fun for now, take it as it comes, if you've only just started seeing him, you can't really tell what his maturity etc is going to be like from the outset. Hell, I've been out with guys in their 30s and they're much more immature than some of the late-teens around today.
  • Options
    I guess your right...ill just see what happens and have a laugh. Give him a chance and get to know him more. Think im hanging with him on the weekend. Im just so not used to dating after being single for what seems like ages!
  • Options
    Just take it as it comes and have fun. I've always gone out with older guys but current b/f is 20 and I'm 23. I do notice that other people his age are immature and things but with him the age gap isn't and issue and I don't notice it. Depends entirely on him really...everyones differnt. If you're attracted to him though then just enjoy yaself.
  • Options
    1 year? that's absolutely nowt. you may as well be the same age. mr. kaff is almost a year younger than me, and 99% of the time i don't even realise. and i'm pretty sure that he forgets too.

most of the guys i know in their mid twenties aren't a whole load more mature than 19 year olds anyway ;)
  • Options
    Fairy wrote:
    Started seeing a 19 year old skater guy. Hes cute and i have been having fun with him. However, im 20 and quite mature in a sense. Generally go out with guys in their mid 20s. Im slightly worried that i may find this mentality gap a problem and that he may get in too deep. Im just taking it as a bit of fun. He appears quite in experienced so im just taking it as i take the lead with this one. Guess ill have to train him up lol. I just kind of feel 15 again, its strange! Anyone else been in this situation?

you don't know how mature someone is until serious issue require it

don't assume he's less mature and he might suprise you in a good way :)

if you like him you like him :)
  • Options
    I'm 20 and my man is 27. I'm a total kid. Like unnaturally kid like, I even have a stuffed simba ;) But anywyas, I can be very childish and just always in that kiddy fun mood, he on the other hand is always very serious and very mature and all that such. But together we make such a pair. He keeps me in line, i keep him from getting an anuryism. Age and maturity are only an issue if you make it one. Sometimes the difference is very refreshing.
  • Options
    When I met my ex, I was 20 she was 23. The maturity level was moot because, well we all have our strengths and weaknesses.

As long as you have enough things to talk about of interest, hanging out will be fun.

Tony Hawk (famous skater) is 37 years old, just a random note.
  • Options
    1 year is nothing.