Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Argh

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got back with my bf on monday and one of my best mates who ive known years, comes out and says that she basically doesnt wanna know me unless im not with him. In other words she wants me to beak up with him over her, which im not doing. She's got no reason to hate him, i admit they had words through email during the weekend, but nothing nasty was said. She just took something he said the wrong way.

Now i dunno what to do, im not finishing with the bf cos i made a mistake by splitting with him in the first place. I told my friend over msn last night that im not going to fall out with her or anyone else over him, and all she could say back was "bye then" I dont see what the problem is, shes off down at university in wales anyway, and he doesnt live up here. And im deff not one to put two people together when i know one doesnt particularly like the other.

It just sucks, cos ive known her for years, and she means alot to me. Been thru all sorts. I guess il just have to wait till she comes around...if ever. Itd be a shame to end the friendship over this though. Id never dream of saying something like that to her.

Comments

• Options
    If she was a good friend she wouldn't force you to make a decision like that imo.
    Sounds like she's just being selfish.
  • Options
    ...or she knows somethign you dont.
    Remember people do stuff when they break up...you can't know everything hes ever done, maybe she has a good reason to be trying to warn you away from him.
  • Options
    As a general rule, I'd take a friend over a b/f probably. But then, anyone who's ever forced that kind of decision from me has ended up on the wrong side of it.

She probably has good reason for warning you off him.
  • Options
    ...or she knows somethign you dont.
    Remember people do stuff when they break up...you can't know everything hes ever done, maybe she has a good reason to be trying to warn you away from him.
    If she knows something she should say it. Not be playing silly games like this demanding the OP chooses between them.
    She should also be respecting her friend's decision to get back with her bf, not trying to force things.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd bet you'd fucking love your friend for telling you ugly truths about the guy you're currently with.

Bollocks you would.
  • Options
    No I wouldn't, but it's a bit better than just saying 'Choose between me or him now' without having any information isn't it?
    Hardly a nice situation for the friend to put her in.
  • Options
    No I wouldn't, but it's a bit better than just saying 'Choose between me or him now' without having any information isn't it?
    Hardly a nice situation for the friend to put her in.

I doubt very much she didnt give any reasoning behind it whatsoever...like she doesnt think hes good for her, or such subtle hints.