Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My Friends a Thief!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
On fri night i went out with my friend and she dissapeared, later on I realise my bank card was missing out of my bag and the only person who could of been in there was her! I tried ringing her but she had gone home! ummm Strange! I gt home and when i check my on line banking £50 had gone!
She must of beeen watching me for my pin! When i asked her she denyed it so i rang her nan and apparently she has a history for it and her nan had only thrown her out for it a few days earlier x
Its sickened me afta everythin i did for her! :crying:

I have stopped my card and I have gt to ring the fraud investigation dept. today! Do you know what they will do about it???

Comments

• Options
    It's unlikely that the bank would do anything given the amount. You could progress it youself but you'd have to report it to the police.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    It's unlikely that the bank would do anything given the amount.

Not true. When I got my uni rucksack nicked (from the library of all places!) a few years back, I got the £75 the thief had spent in a petrol station refunded.

But yeah, go to the police about it and get a crime reference no.
  • Options
    Yea but she has obvouisly been watchin me to get my pin! how do i prove that 1!
  • Options
    You can't, can you.

Consider it a life lesson. When the bank says "don't show anyone your pin", it means anyone.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    You can't, can you.

Consider it a life lesson. When the bank says "don't show anyone your pin", it means anyone.

They also say that you should change it if you suspect anyone (apart from you) knows it, don't they?
  • Options
    Yea but she has obvouisly been watchin me to get my pin! how do i prove that 1!

It's still a theft. She's still a potential suspect. Report it to the police - you can only tell them what you know, and with any luck she'll get punished and you'll get your money back. But the longer you leave it before reporting the trickier it'll be.
  • Options
    I think you should warn any other mutual friends about her. If she has done it to you, she may have done it/or will do it to others.
  • Options
    Your lucky only £50 was taken we had £1000 withdrawn (it wasn't a friend tho)
  • Options
    out of interest, how long have you been friends with her for?
  • Options
    one of my closest friends was a thief ...probably still is.
    lost touch about twenty years ago.
    trust him with my life.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    one of my closest friends was a thief ...probably still is.
    lost touch about twenty years ago.
    trust him with my life.

A lot of my mates are that - well my traveller mates anyway. They don't look on posessions in the same way many of us do and they'll quite happilly lift them if they're no tied down.

If I was ever in trouble however, they'd be the first people to help me out.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Meryn wrote:
    Not true. When I got my uni rucksack nicked (from the library of all places!) a few years back, I got the £75 the thief had spent in a petrol station refunded.

I meant that they wouldn't pursue it legally, rather than they wouldn't do anything monatarily.
    But yeah, go to the police about it and get a crime reference no.

Yep.
  • Options
    I say sort it yourself...

Get your cards/pins changed, then go round and beat your money out of her.
    Anyone who would rob from me and still think i was gonna call them my friend is sorely mistaken.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    A lot of my mates are that - well my traveller mates anyway. They don't look on posessions in the same way many of us do and they'll quite happilly lift them if they're no tied down.

If I was ever in trouble however, they'd be the first people to help me out.
    friends like that have powers ...the power to make you become invisible ...though todays techno is making that ever more difficult.
    humanity and variety ...face ever more challenges ...and i'm sure ...there'll always be a way round total control ...it's becoming more a matter of faith though the way thgings are going.
  • Options
    I reported it to the bank and police and they said i should get refunded but why should she get away with it, i gave her all the help and support a friend should give a friend i let her stay at my home when she had no were to go , we have been friends 6 years , it makes me sick
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    That's so harsh... i'd never do that to anyone I am freinds with...

Just a life lesson kid - Trust no-one but yourself and your instincts until someone has proven they can be trusted... Many people learn that the hard way. Me to...
  • Options
    well you have no proof, do you. so you'll have to sort it out yourself!
  • Options
    Luckly, theres cctv outside the bank so shouldnt be too hard!
  • Options
    cctv that will show whos card she was using?
  • Options
    oh actually, i guess if they can find out the time of the transaction and check the cctv to see if it matches...