Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Workout Help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey guys, my names John. About a month and a half ago, I decided to lose some weight. I started out at 272 and I am now around 245, give or take a few pounds. Anyway, dieting wise, I am fine, and I do cardio for 45 minutes on the treadmill, burning(According to the Tread) 500cals I do this 5 days a week. Anyway, I want to start working my upper body now, and I don't really know how to start. I have 2 10 pound dumbells, 1 ez-curl bar, which I can vary the weight from 10-50 pounds. I also have access to my school workout gym 4days every 2 weeks. Can someone please help me out. Thanks
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you want to lose weight faster get off the treadmill and start road running.You say you go to a gym so they should have a running club but if not start gently.10mins and build up,DONT try to run for anything over 20mins even though you can do 45mins on the treadmill.You`ll see what I mean if you do this as you put a hell of a lot more effort in road running than keeping up with a machine and make sure your running trainers are well cushioned and right for your running style.Also for upper body concentrate more on exercises like press-ups,crunches pull-ups etc as these will help build endurance strength and combined with some light weight work will build definition and strength very well.You say your diets fine but doing the exercises Iv mentioned above you should start having a bit more protein to build the muscle and loads of carbs for the running.Swimming is also very beneficial and will help build good cardio combined with an all over body workout.Try a book called Fighting Fit from Amazon.Its got some really good diets and civvy programmes that will get you fit as f**k.
    Oh yeah,dont worry when you start doing weights and press-ups if your weight goes up before going down as muscle weighs more than fat.
    Hope this helps.