Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

bleeding gums: part deux

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, so we established that if your gums bleed when you brush, you should check it out with your dentist.

but if your gums bleed spontaneously and randomly, when you're just sitting and chilling, is it still a dentist issue?

Comments

• Options
    im not sure, i think your gums can change due to iron defficiency but that might just be the colour of them. have you tried nhs direct?
  • Options
    i have not, but i'm off to the dentist anyway next week, so if it's his domain, i'll mention it :yes:
  • Options
    Anything mouth related is a dentist's domain. They know quite a lot of stuff you know. :yes:
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Anything mouth related is a dentist's domain. They know quite a lot of stuff you know. :yes:

you've never met my dentist :p
  • Options
    black-sep wrote:
    Well duh.

Can't you afford a toothbrush? Dental floss? Mouthwash?!

Fucking pikey!

omifuckinggosh.

go away, now.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    you've never met my dentist :p
    Or mine :p.
  • Options
    black-sep wrote:
    Can't you afford a toothbrush?

i think we've pretty much already seen that i can, seeing as i know that my gums bleed when i brush.

points for trying though :thumb:
  • Options
    do I keep missing trolls? I'm sure thats the third comment I have yet to see the original to!

nway yes ask mr Dentist man and if that doesn't help I guess the doc may if it is diet related? let us know!
  • Options
    actually when i had this stupid little swellin thing in my mouth the dentist sent me to the doctors. gums not teeth. grah. but yes generally dentists arent titwanks like mine.
  • Options
    You should check it out with your dentist. If it's a gum infection, they may prescribe antibiotics. If it's something outside of their domain, then they'll refer you to the necessary person e.g. a doctor.