Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Losing something valuable

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I lost something a few days ago and I'm kicking myself for it now. I was using public transport and put my watch in my pocket instead of on my wrist because it was annoying me and then on the course of my journey I realised it was gone. Simply, i had put it into a pocket where there was a hole small enough for it to fall out of.

I went to lost property, and retraced my steps but its utterly vanished and I feel so bad for one reason only.

It was a very expenisve anniversery present and although insurence was bought on it at the time it only lasted a year and this is an older gift from my girlfriend !! If she finds out i've lost it she will kill me but i don't klnow what to dio. I have tried to replace it but they dont make that model anymore. Its only a matter of time before she notices its missing.

How do I tell her i've lost the only gift that ever meant anything to me from anyone. We looked for a year to find the perfect model.

What do I say to her??

Comments

• Options
    Tell her the truth. Do it soon, because the longer you leave it the worse it gets.

She may be upset, but if she's a good and decent person and you're as clearly gutted as you come across to be, she'll see that and forgive you.
  • Options
    took ur advice. she took it very well. we are going shopping for another on saturday. Thanks Miffy
  • Options
    there'd be no use in having bought one to replace it without telling her 'cause it just wouldn't be the same. you did the right thing..and it's not like you lost it on purpose.
  • Options
    Cristal wrote:
    took ur advice. she took it very well. we are going shopping for another on saturday. Thanks Miffy

Good, glad it went well. :)