Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How did you meet your boyfriend/girlfriend?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Title says it all

If you are currently single, how did you meet your last boyfriend/girlfriend? If you've never been in a relationship how would you like to meet your future partner? Or are you simply not interested in it?

To answer my own question I would probably most like to get to know my future partner through work and starting to go out with them soonish - I think it's so much better just to know whether it's going to be a relationship early on rather than spending months, even years, agonising over it.

Comments

• Options
    I'm sure this has been done a load before :p

Buuut. After GCSE's my friend went to a different college, and she made friends with some people there and started going out with them after school and stuff, and my boyfriend was there friend so she got to meet him, and when i had split up with my long term boyfriend she decided that i should meet this guy got talking to him on msn a bit and one day he caught the bus to my village to see me and my friend, got on great and here we are 2 and half years later.

Both my other boyfriends i just met at school/college thing though.
  • Options
    I was at a wedding
    I was smashed out of my mind
    the grooms sexy married cousin asked me to go to the bar with him and some guys
    I ended up sitting next to a different cousin (my guy)
    We hit it off
    He was fun
    He took me home cuz I was too drunk to go home and we had wild sex until 5am
    We've been together ever since.

Its like cinderella <3
  • Options
    I met mine through my boyfriend at the time and the girl he fancied! Me and my ex went to school together, and then went to the same uni. He started hanging round with this girl (who it turned out he fancied and they are still together now!), whose housemate was her ex boyfriend. When me and ex-boyfriend split up, her ex comforted me, and it all went from there really!
    This was all 3 1/2 years ago!
  • Options
    Ex at work. He was shy, so I asked for his number and he finally asked to take me out sometime.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Here :)
  • Options
    I met him in a nightclub at a student night!
    He's on the same course as one of my housemates, & she was chatting to him & he noticed me & started talking to me! Heehee! :)
  • Options
    i met him on the net, n get this, he lives down my rd and we went 2 the same primary school, he's a yr older but i remember him,*i have a video of victorian day at primary skool and he is on it, we've been togther almost 4 years now and we met on the internet lol
  • Options
    Met my boyfriend when i was 12 at secondary school.Always been good mates.He had a thing for me for a long time but i always turned him down and made fun of him for it.He went out with someone for 2 years didnt speak to me for over a year cos the girl he was seeing was very jealous and possive,they broke up and immeadiatly after they did he got in contact with me again.I fell for him and something started between us.We are now together properly and i have never been happier :)
  • Options
    On Faceparty ;d.

Edit: Although he found me via here. Only found that out the other day :|. It worries me that he reads my posts on here :p.
  • Options
    I met him when we went on a school trip to switzerlaqnd, but he dumped me and now im really sad!
  • Options
    Drunk as monkeys in a local club..she and her friend were drinking this cheap champange the club used to sell, and came over to talk to one of my friends and being uncultured and never having tried champagne, i had to ask if i could try some. There was some flashing, some dancing, some bumping into each other accidently on purpose for a month..... and then the rest is a year and halfs worth of history. hehe.
  • Options
    My friend was going out with his friend, and after a night on the town me n her decided to go back to her boyfriend at the time's house. Co was there, I was so pissed I offered sex but he said no. I passed out. Got his number and eventually I asked him out after much pussy footing about.

Maybe not a story for the grandkids, but ner ner :angel:
  • Options
    We're both on a placement year from uni at the same firm. The week before we started he sent everyone an email out arranging a night out on the Sunday, we got on well, sent him a few texts that night, he came round on the tues and we were really flirty, then I phoned him on teh Thurs and twisted his arm to come round after he'd been to the gym at like 10pm...a couple of hours alone on a two seater setee play fighting and tickling and well one thing led to another and he stopped the night and it all went from there.
  • Options
    another vote for 'internet' please.
  • Options
    Me mine on the internet!
  • Options
    Faceparty here :}
  • Options
    Met my first girlfriend through work. Came in one day to a new job, was terrified. At the end of the day, this beautiful woman comes up to me and says hello. We hit it off straight away. Relationship didn't last, friendship has done and hopefully will carry on to.
  • Options
    on here :blush:
  • Options
    Ex-boyfriend: We lived next door to one another since childhood. Got together when I was 15 and my friends decided to knock on my cute neighbours door and ask him to hang out with us. Were together for over five years.

Current Eye Candy: Met through a mutual friend. He met the mutual friend online and they became mates and now I've stolen him away, teehee!
  • Options
    We met at a seminar, were friends for 1,5 years and then got together...
    That was 10 years ago!!! :heart:
  • Options
    Alcohol + student night + cheesey chat up line + me rebounding = us living together 2.5 years later
  • Options
    My last boyfriend I met a party... he was such a great guy that night, but after that I learnt he was a total tosser.
  • Options
    in a Chinese club, started dancing with him etc etc :)
  • Options
    we have all the same classes at college...
  • Options
    I met my boyfriend at Uni, we're on the same course! :)
  • Options
    I met my last boyfriend online. We were friends online for 5 years before that though