Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Terrorists don't use bikes...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm amazed that Rory Bremner still tries to satirise this nations politics.

Thnigs like this show that he doesn't need to make the effort.

Seriously, this is for real?

Comments

• Options
    Yes, its for real all right, I was in Perth at the weekend and nobody up there could believe it either.

I'd expect nothing better from the Procurator Fiscal, but that Harbour Master should be ashamed of himself.
  • Options
    Yeah. This is why the ID cards are such a bad idea. Shame they passed tonight and will now be law. :crying:

Giving more power to the small minded low self esteem fucknuts who are attracted to policing is not a good idea.
  • Options
    Though I'd like to make a valid contribution, I'm lost for words, all I'll say is:

Lol.
  • Options
    Another disgraceful misuse of the Terrorism Act. Shame. :no:

Either it's a public right of way or it isn't. What was that nonsense about cyclists being less likely to plant bombs?
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Though I'd like to make a valid contribution, I'm lost for words, all I'll say is:

Lol.

Haha you said lol nub.

Of course Terrorists don't use Bikes. They escape from the US Army on Pink Mopeds instead.
  • Options
    Terrorism is an immediate threat to the west. Problem is that the terrorists run our governments.
  • Options
    No freedom of speech left, police state, people being arrested for the most ludicrous things... what a sorry state of affairs. :no:
  • Options
    I don't seem to be able to find the story (it was in the Metro) but somelad was given community service for wearing a (Slipknot, Cradle of FIlth?) T-shirt with a 'Jesus is a cunt' (or something similar) logo.

he was charged under the new incitement to religious hatred laws.

More misuse of power.....0
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    I don't seem to be able to find the story (it was in the Metro) but somelad was given community service for wearing a (Slipknot, Cradle of FIlth?) T-shirt with a 'Jesus is a cunt' (or something similar) logo.

he was charged under the new incitement to religious hatred laws.

More misuse of power.....0

see the poll on the front page of thesite..
  • Options
    Doh!

I note however that 29% support the law......

Who are these people?
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    Doh!

Who are these people?
    The Rich Kids of this world...
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    Doh!

Who are these people?
    I was surprised by that too.

But you don't know the number who answer the poll...there's lies, damned lies and statistics.
  • Options
    Although I'm going to put myself in the firing line now, I voted yes, but I probably would have voted 'not sure' if that was an option. I'm not sure it should be a criminal offense, but i think those kind of attitudes / behaviours need to be challenged. Anyway, that's a little aside not related to the thread.

Lol again!

I was discussing with my friend actually (because I've got a motorbike, which we were talking about) why don't terrorists just go round on a motorbike with a bomb in their rucksack. You could navigate through all the anti-car bomb barriers and outrun any coppers.
  • Options
    I voted yes

Why?

What was your rationale?

Where does the line get drawn? Osama? Gerry Adams? Nelson Mandela?

Who is a terrorist, how do you define it? Nelson Mandela was hailed as a hero for his armed struggle, and his imprisonment was condemned. But that's what's happening in this country, people who the Government don't like are being imprisoned without a fair trial or hearing.

Who decides which terrorists are acceptable? That's what should scare you, not some foreigners with rucksacks.