Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Blind Date! (well, kind of)

Would you like to go out for a date with this man?

murdoch-Img211954581.jpg

That's right, you, yes, YOU, can win a date with this eligible batchelor. (well, not really a batchelor but stay with me here) His name is Rupert and he is the chairman of News Corporation. This unique opportunity has arisen because the media mogul has posted an advert on eBay. For the low, low price of just $25,000, you can have a lunch date with the lovely Rupert! And guess what - all the money raised is going to a Jerusalem technology college!

Believe me, I'm not joking!

I'm nearly pissing myself with laughter now... any takers? :lol:
And what would you like to ask Mr Murdoch?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Haha! Any takers so far?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Haha! Any takers so far?
    For some reason, Murdoch felt the need to advertise this beforehand. The actual auction doesn't start until November 3rd.
  • Options
    If I had the money I'd be willing to go.

I'd tell the evil piece of shit a few home truths during dinner.

If the 'colorful language' doesn't give him a heart attack, there's always arsenic.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    If I had the money I'd be willing to go.
    I'd tell the evil piece of shit a few home truths during dinner.
    If the 'colorful language' doesn't give him a heart attack, there's always arsenic.
    What kind of home truths? Enlighten us. (i.e. really set this thread on fire) :)
  • Options
    I was just logging off for the night mate...

Well I could tell him about his double standards for starters. Did you know that he's a bible-bashing 'deeply religious' man? Yet he's more than happy to print topless women and all kind of 'filth' on many of his titles so long as it makes him money.

I could then follow by calling him a fucking hypocrite. He likes to bother everyone in this country (through his mouthpiece the S*n) about "spongers" and "scroungers" robbing the State and the UK taxpayer of millions of Pounds a year. Yet the man himself presides over a tax-dodging enterprise that robs the State and the UK taxpayer of many hundreds of millions of Pounds every year.

Then I could suggest that he's also a corrupt, manipulative piece of shit. An Australian-born US citizen who doesn't spend any time in the UK but yet believes he should have the ultimate say in how the country is run- especially regarding the relationship it should have with Europe (none whatsover if it were down to him).

Finally I could tell him that he's an ultra greedy scumbag who is hell bent in destroying the BBC unfairly for the sole purpose of getting a bigger share of the market, and whose newspaper titles are in their majority worthless brainwashing rags not worth wiping your arse with.

Other than that, I'm sure we'd have a very enjoyable dinner... :)
  • Options
    omg Rupert Murdoch :heart:

what a hunk.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:

Well I could tell him about his double standards for starters. Did you know that he's a bible-bashing 'deeply religious' man? Yet he's more than happy to print topless women and all kind of 'filth' on many of his titles so long as it makes him money.

I could then follow by calling him a fucking hypocrite. He likes to bother everyone in this country (through his mouthpiece the S*n) about "spongers" and "scroungers" robbing the State and the UK taxpayer of millions of Pounds a year. Yet the man himself presides over a tax-dodging enterprise that robs the State and the UK taxpayer of many hundreds of millions of Pounds every year.

Then I could suggest that he's also a corrupt, manipulative piece of shit. An Australian-born US citizen who doesn't spend any time in the UK but yet believes he should have the ultimate say in how the country is run- especially regarding the relationship it should have with Europe (none whatsover if it were down to him).

Finally I could tell him that he's an ultra greedy scumbag who is hell bent in destroying the BBC unfairly for the sole purpose of getting a bigger share of the market, and whose newspaper titles are in their majority worthless brainwashing rags not worth wiping your arse with.

Other than that, I'm sure we'd have a very enjoyable dinner... :)
    Cheque please?

Seriously, I agree with you on every word there.
  • Options
    1. What makes him think that dinner with him is *worth* £25k?

2. If he is so supportive of the college why doesn't he just give them the £25k?
  • Options
    Thinking about it, surely he should pay *me* £25k to have dinner with *him*?
  • Options
    Could I pay the £25k and send a bomb in my place?
  • Options
    Could I pay the £25k and send a bomb in my place?

Please do. Or hunt down an Islamic Extremist - they'd do it wihtout you paying them I daresay.
  • Options
    Who wants to have lunch with me for $25k? My shout.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:

Do we get coffee afterwards? Though you could take Andy Gilchrist of the FBU though you might not get much change at the end of the night

ETA - its an old story, but still cracks me up
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:

50p do ya?
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    50p do ya?
    McDonald's do ya?