Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

ID Card Farce

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This whole issue just gets better and better...

Baldness and Brown Eyes not recognised?

Comments

• Options
    The government is planning to use face, iris and fingerprint scans to identify people.

Where and when, I wonder? If types of light ake a difference, does that mean you'll have coppers using these in the streets?

Are we saying that coloured contact lenses are a criminals new best friend?

As this is going to be almot totally useless and a complete waste of money, I can see it being pushed by the Blair "never wrong" government.
  • Options
    Not often I agree with the Tories but "expensive waste of time" sums it up quite nicely I think.........

Does anyone actually support this crap?
  • Options
    Does anyone actually support this crap?

David Blunkett?

I've said for ages this is Labour's poll tax. Hit the public in their pockets and you'll find Blair (or Brown) isn't so popular anymore.
  • Options
    Is it a big enough issue to lead to the governments downfall at the next election though?
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    Is it a big enough issue to lead to the governments downfall at the next election though?

At the very very least this will cost every one £30, but it wont be that, this government's record on big computer systems isnt exactly great is it.

It will massively over run on cost, not work and invade our privacy for no good reason.
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:

I'm not sure, especially since you won't have to have one by the time of the next election. I suspect that it will fail because whilst 90% of people will complain and then buy one (like they did with the Poll Tax) 10% won't. and it will never work unless 99% of the population are signed up. Its when people find they've shelled out £30 for something which doesn't work and is basically useless that the arguments against it will bite. And then the politicians who introduced it will be left with some explaining to do.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    This whole issue just gets better and better...

Baldness and Brown Eyes not recognised?

Come on, we all knew it would fuck up like this.

the question is, is anyone supprised?