Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Panorama tonight 10.15

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
About sexual health. Should be an interesting watch although most fo us here will know how much of a state it is in and how it needs more clinics. Until I watch it no further comments, need to see the facts first!

But thought I;d mention it in this forum not entertainment as it is about sexual health (lol suppose I could have also put it in the helath forum too!)

Let me know your opinions of the programme and what the answers are to the problems they bring up. I'd be interested to hear.

Comments

• Options
    I aint ever been to a GUM clinic, my mate goes every so often, says theres nothing to them!

Do you have to give your real name and stuff??
  • Options
    no you dont have to give you're real name.. but obv for the results some of your contact details need to be correct. although i guess you could go back into collect them.
  • Options
    Ad be scared of seeing the results nt that i need to worry but it would be like going to get exam results wudnt it!
  • Options
    Very interesting watch. Makes you think, well....... got me thinking anyway :blush:
  • Options
    Ad be scared of seeing the results nt that i need to worry but it would be like going to get exam results wudnt it!

better to find out though.
  • Options
    Yep i suppose , what do u have to do etc???
  • Options
    Interesting to watch. I'm very lucky because my GUM clinic works on a walk-in basis. Granted, it's about 3 - 4 hours there inclusive of the waiting time, but I get the prelim results then and there, and I don't have to wait weeks for an appointment.
  • Options
    My clinic is a joke. I waited over 6 months to get an implant fitted and every time I went in the dr said that I would have to ring and make an appointment on tuesday. So every tuesday for 6 months I tried to ring up only to be told that it was full and I should have rung earlier ( I started ringing at opening time, its not my fault if they didnt answer the phone!!) then the last time I went in to get my injection, having given up all hope of getting the implant fitted, I saw a different dr. She siad that I shouldnt have been told to call on tuesdays because thats the day for men, and the implant only takes 5 mins to do so they could have done it when I first asked for it. I was not impressed!!

Plus if you want to get seen you have to turn up at 6 (opens at 7) and even if you are first in line you still have an hour wait!!!
  • Options
    Thats dead bad, what if it was an emergancy like u thought u had HIV!