Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help With Girl I Like

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, Im new to this forum, I am hoping you will all be able to help me with my problem.

There is a girl who I work with, only 8 hours a week, who I really like but the main problem is she has a boyfriend. I am good friends with her and we hang out outside work and she is coming to my formal/prom with me, but just as a friend. I, however, want it to be more. In order to see if she felt the same I got a girl mate who works with us to talk to her, she found out that she does really like me and she said that she would consider going out with me if I was slightly older, im 17 she's 19. I was happy about this as I hoped this would not be a big problem but I have now discovered she has a bf of 7 months, and I am wondering why she would say all this stuff about me, she knew that this girl was going to tell me.

I am just wondering how you feel I should deal with this situation as I think I should say to her how I feel about her. I am also beginning to really like the other girl I mentioned, who is a good friend, I dont think I should take any action on these feelings as she may feel she is only 2nd choice, something she is not.

Any advice would be appreciated, I am sorry if it don make too much sense, its a bit hard to explain it all.

Comments

• Options
    Don't tell her how you feel, just grin and bear it. She already said your a little to young for her and she already has a bloke, it's not worth going after her unless she chucks her fella.

Go messing around with her and you could find your self with a black eye.
  • Options
    Leave a happy couple alone.
  • Options
    Mammus wrote:
    Hi, Im new to this forum, I am hoping you will all be able to help me with my problem.

There is a girl who I work with, only 8 hours a week, who I really like but the main problem is she has a boyfriend. I am good friends with her and we hang out outside work and she is coming to my formal/prom with me, but just as a friend. I, however, want it to be more. In order to see if she felt the same I got a girl mate who works with us to talk to her, she found out that she does really like me and she said that she would consider going out with me if I was slightly older, im 17 she's 19. I was happy about this as I hoped this would not be a big problem but I have now discovered she has a bf of 7 months, and I am wondering why she would say all this stuff about me, she knew that this girl was going to tell me.

I am just wondering how you feel I should deal with this situation as I think I should say to her how I feel about her. I am also beginning to really like the other girl I mentioned, who is a good friend, I dont think I should take any action on these feelings as she may feel she is only 2nd choice, something she is not.

Any advice would be appreciated, I am sorry if it don make too much sense, its a bit hard to explain it all.

Get in there :yes:

She could've relayed you an invitation - no point in potentially missing out on it.
  • Options
    I think I will leace everything how it is now, and just be friends with her. I am pretty confident she likes me as much as I like her but I would never do anything about it while she is still with her bf.

Cheers for the advice.
  • Options
    well her and her boyfriend probably might not be together forever. Who knows, if things don't work out between them you could have a chance. But for the meantime, don't mess with a girl who has a boyfriend.