Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dilemma

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a friend who I've known for many many years. He and I get along incredibly, and we tell each other everything, well nearly at least.

Ok, so here's the thing. I'm not gay, I'm very attracted to women and I was just in a relationship with a girl. But recently I've found myself getting turned on by certain guys...particularly my best friend. I like trying new things...and I'm sure an experience with a guy would definately be worth it, but I want it to be with my friend. And I'm worried. For one, he's sorta a homophobe, two, I'm afraid if I ask him if I can give him a blowjob or something like that he'll be entirely wierded out, or three, if he says ok then our relationship will be all messed up. I don't know what to do. Every time I see him I get an urge to just jump on him and suck his dick, but I'm not sure if I should just ignore my impulse's or give it a shot. I'm pretty sure he'd say no to any experimentation...but then again, I'm sure he thinks the same of me.

Comments

• Options
    hmmmm well he would either want to do it or not.

how can u say ur sure he's a homophobic and then say ur sure he'd do it.

just bring up casually in a conversation, would u eva have a gay experience, see what he says, n go from there.

There's a girl in my mirror
    I wonder who she is
    Sometimes I think I know her
    Sometimes I really wish I did
  • Options
    depends on how good a mate he is. the funny thing is that you may feel it'd bring you closer together but are you prepared to lose him?
  • Options
    Originally posted by a15xnw:
    Ok, so here's the thing. I'm not gay, I'm very attracted to women and I was just in a relationship with a girl. But recently I've found myself getting turned on by certain guys...particularly my best friend.

I think it's pretty obvious that deep down, you have a very real attraction to the same sex. That doesn't mean it's exclusive.
    There's nothing wrong with being gay so it's best to admit to yourself who you really think you are (perhaps you're bi?) ... that way you can get on and be the person that you are most comfortable with.
    Originally posted by a15xnw:
    I like trying new things...and I'm sure an experience with a guy would definately be worth it, but I want it to be with my friend. And I'm worried. For one, he's sorta a homophobe, two, I'm afraid if I ask him if I can give him a blowjob or something like that he'll be entirely wierded out, or three, if he says ok then our relationship will be all messed up. I don't know what to do. Every time I see him I get an urge to just jump on him and suck his dick, but I'm not sure if I should just ignore my impulse's or give it a shot. I'm pretty sure he'd say no to any experimentation...but then again, I'm sure he thinks the same of me.

You seem very mixed up about how he might be. One moment, you are worried about his reaction and the next you think he may feel the same. Why? Don't let your fantasy cloud your judgment - you might make a horrible mistake.

I have a girlfriend but I'm quite like you - I don't mind the thought of experimenting (I've only snogged a lad before) but I'd be very careful about taking it further unless I was sure that was what he wanted too.

Bless, you sound a bit hung up about this guy so you need to be extra careful that you do the right thing.

Take care and good luck!
  • Options
    No no no guys. you're all misreading that last sentence. what he means is that he's pretty sure his mate would think he'd be adverse to the suggestion of sexual activity between them, if that makes sense.

Could be rewritten as "I'm sure my friend thinks that I'd freak if he mentioned giving me a blowjob". Just to illustrate the point that you never know.

Cos i'm thinking about a brand new hope, one i've never known, and where it goes, cos now I know it's all that wanted.
  • Options
    Hey there can i ask how old you are??
    I don't think jumping on him is the answer, he's not likely to take to kindly to that??

Like drifter said what makes you think he is a homophobe?? You never know he may feel the same way but is just trying to hide his feelings!! if you feel you can talk to him, well talk to him - theres no harm in trying, but don't go in there like a bull in a china shop!!

Let us know how you go
    Easy now