Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lipliner

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys,
I have only just recently started wearing make up (At 20 haha) and have mostly just been doing my eyes. I'm a huge fan of Gwen Stefani and her bright red lipstick and have been getting the guts up to try and give it a go.

I have just invested £2.74 in Urban Decays "Tart" Lip Gunk (Good ol' ebaY) and have been wondering about lipliner.

I mean I know I proably don't need to use it however although my lips are a perfect cupids bow...they aren't really defined and I find myself with bits and pieces sticking out all over the place no matter what. I need something that goes with the colour that can help me draw in the lines (Just like a colouring book).

In consideration to the colour of the lip gunk...which is this colour

TART-By Urban Decay

and the fact my colouring is...olive, brown eyes brown hair....

what sort of lipliner should I get. Any specific reccomendations would be brilliant!
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    I've only just started wearing quite deep red lipsticks, but I don't really use liner. One of the best investments you can make regarding bright lipstick, is buying a good quality lipbrush. That way, you have a lot more control, and tend to use less. I combine that with a lip primer so there's no bleeding and it has worked very well for me so far.
  • Options
    you probably already know this but you need a lipliner that is dead on the colour of lipstick, luckily though you might not need to get an urban decay one because lots of the cheaper brands come in so many colours.

Take a look at this for starters

and look at other articles on www.ivillage.co.uk - it is crammed full of really good make up information - much more practical i feel than a lot of magazines, also you might want to get the Mac make-up guide on CD rom from ebay, it is what they use to train their consultants and gives lots of good practical advice with illustrations which help a lot if you are new to make-up, but heck, I've been wearing make-up for nearly 10 years and I learnt a lot from it

I hope this helps :thumb:
  • Options
    Thanks for the brilliant advice :D