Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

magnets to treat pain

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
sorry if this has been done before, i searched it and couldnt see anything.

i was just wondering if anyone has used magnets (not electro magnets but the static ones such as this )

i have just baught a dog collor from their animal range and was wondering wether anyone had any sucess or horror storys. The way that i saw it was that the collor cost me the same as a visit to the vets and it has a 90day return policy if it doesnt work. i have looked the company up on the net and it appears to be legit.

so any storys please

cheers

Comments

• Options
    Your link is broken so sorry if this isn't the same thing, but I had a massage the other day and they used magnetic ball things. They didn't use them for long so it's hard to say how good they were, but the woman was singing their praises and saying that lots of athletes use magnetic beds etc to boost their energy. :confused:
  • Options
    I've heard good things about those magnetic bracelet things.

I don't believe in such mumbo jumbo, but if it works I'm not gonna knock it. And if it works for animals it can't be just the placebo effect.
  • Options
    il try another link then, dont know what was wrong with the last one http://www.majormagnets.co.uk/

cheers spanner and kentish
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    My mum uses a medical sticky tape (don't know what to call it) to stick a magnet to her cheek when she gets a toothache, and it seems to work...
  • Options
    you can buy plasters in boots with magnets in them, my sister swears by them for her bad back... she wouldn't use anything else now.